Complaint Review: Reachout Wireless

• Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: jonmur60 — Carrollton Missouri United States of America
Reachout Wireless
3629 Cleveland Ave Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Reachout Wireless Nexus Communications, Inc. d/b/a Reachout Wireless DOA Cell Phones Columbus OH, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Reachout

I have been using Reachout for less than a year, the first phone they sent didn't work so I had to send it back and wait for weeks for a replacement, the replacement didn't work so I did the same again, the third phone worked for about 7 months and then stopped charging so I decided to purchase one of their phones hoping I would get a decent unit. This phone, a Motorola RZR came and the first thing I noticed was that the LCD was barely visible and looked like it had been pressed on real hard with someones thumb. Then I later found out that the phone won't charge right either and only charges for a few minutes before it says charge complete.

I called Reachout and they want me to send it back at my costs and wait again for weeks without service while they send me another phone again. I am disabled and not mobile and need service for emergency's. Its dangerous for me to not be able to call for help if needed. I told Reachout this and they still would not send me a new unit and allow me to send this piece of junk back when I get the new one. I'm sick and tired of dealing with a company that obviously has no respect for peoples safety and well being. I didn't know exactly what to do about it, so I wrote my State Attorney Generals Office and they are supposed to be doing something for me.

Also my freind is going to take me down to file a small claims case against them for the recovery of the funds spent for the faulty equipment they have sent to me.
I have left them several messages giving them the chance to make things good and they just continue to ignore these requests.

One more thing that really gets me is that when I call these people they aren't even Americans. Rather they are Indonesian.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against these people in any way. What I'm thinking is that here we have all the political party's talking about the unemployment crisis in the USA and this government program for cell phone services to provide not only for the disabled, but the folks on food stamps, so they will have a better chance of gaining employment and they are hiring those overseas to run these programs! It doesn't make any sense.   The program is so Americans can get to work and the Non-Americans are "Employed" to provide the phone service.

After getting on the net tonight and putting in the keywords " Reachout Wireless"  I would like to say I was surprised to see the numerous complaints, but I personally could relate to many that I read.  This company is horrible, they are ripping off many people and all under the private sector, but contracted with the US government under the Lifeline program.  Why the Government is still allowing this is a very good question at this point and someone needs to find out who is responsible at our government levels and contact them regarding this company's practices.

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reachout-Wireless/-Columbus-Ohio-43224/Reachout-Wireless-Nexus-Communications-Inc-dba-Reachout-Wireless-DOA-Cell-Phones-Col-953156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reachout Wireless

Response from Reachout

AUTHOR: ReachOut Feedback - (USA)

Hello jonmur60,

We are glad that we were able to assist you with your problem, and hope that everything in our solution has met your satisfaction. We would also like to take this opportunity to notify anyone having problems similar to jonmur60 that you can contact us directly at feedback@reachoutwireless.com and we will respond as quickly as possible to resolve any concerns you may have.

Reachout Wireless Customer Compliance