Complaint Review: Reachout Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: Mary — Mission Lakes Country Club California

Reachout Wireless On hold for three hours. Faxed personal info drivers license ss card and other id Columbus Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Absurdity of ReachOut Wireless

On April 14,2014 I faxed application for a free cell phone, which is supposed to be Federally Funded for seniors and disabled. It advertises only $2.50 a month They send you a FREE cell phone. After waiting two weeks and no response from Reachout I called them at 877-777-1914 and was told they never got a fax from me. I re-FAXED the info on May 14, 1014. Again no response so on June 10th I called and was on hold two hours with their reps telling me no info was received from me. I called on June 11th was on HOLD THREE hours. Ended up speaking to two different Reps, I was told they had the Fax with my info and he even read me the items I Faxed. Now the third rep gets on the phone ( did not get his name because I could not understand a word he said) he said there was no info on me. I told him I was just given the info that indeed they got it. He hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor.

I beleive this is a scam, and not they have all my info..what should I do. I am 76 years old and confused.

Mary Palm Springs, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2014 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reachout-Wireless/nationwide/Reachout-Wireless-On-hold-for-three-hours-Faxed-personal-info-drivers-license-ss-card-an-1154403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reachout Wireless

Absurdity of ReachOut Wireless

AUTHOR: Margaret - ()

All the negative reports about ReachOut Wireless are absolutely, positively true. I've had my own nightmare with that company. All those things others have reported are the same things I experienced. ReachOut Wireless is worse than AT&T. Yes, it's true, WORSE THAN AT&T.  Stephen King couldn't write near as gruesome a book about the ReachOut Wireless customer experience. I can't believe this company is one of the FCC's free government phone companies. Wait a minute...the FCC is an American government organization, so....  BTW, does anybody know of anybody who actually has a ReachOut Wireless phone and their "service"?  Maybe all of us complainers have been on a bad version of "Candid Camera".