• Report: #1119682

• Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: Concerned Consumer — Faribault Minnesota
Read America
710 east main st Mesa, Arizona USA

Read America, lies and unproffesionalism rude, refuse to help, deceptive, lies Mesa Arizona

I was contacted by this company when I was a daycare provider. They claim the only cost is for the shipping and handling of the magazines. The agreement was I would pay for 18months and receive 36 months of magazines.

I was very clear about my concerns on the time of commitment. I asked several times for a guarantee that if I were to face economic hardships I would be able to cancel. Daycare is very unpredictable income. I had to close my daycare and am currently unemployed. I called and was informed they could not cancel my subscription because I already made 14 payments.

If I am only paying for shipping and handling and made 14 payments (many of which are paying for the 18months I don't have to pay) than they would not be loosing anything to cancel now. I told her I was guaranteed I could cancel and requested to hear my "recorded" conversation. When taking the original sales call I also made sure they guaranteed the call was being recorded. The office manager said they would call me and play it for me over the phone but that I could not get a copy. I requested she listen to it first. She interuppted me and asked if there was anything else. I said, "Yes, please listen to the message first" She interupted me again clearly ignoring me and refusing to listen to it.

When I mentioned I would be reporting this fraud she was pleased to inform they are not members of the BBB. It was revoked due their unethical and unprofessional business practices! This company needs to be stopped! They prey on small family run daycares that are not making much to begin with and have no concern for economic hardships and deceiving people who just want to help educate children.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Read-America/Mesa-Arizona/Read-America-lies-and-unproffesionalism-rude-refuse-to-help-deceptive-lies-Mesa-Arizon-1119682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Read America