Complaint Review: Readers Across America - Anthony "Tony" Velez

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Readers Across America - Anthony "Tony" Velez
P.O Box 11575 Denver, Colorado 80211 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America - Anthony "Tony" Velez Attractive olive skinned, maybe hazel eyed young man coming on to me and talked me into subscribing two sets of magazines. Denver Colorado

*Author of original report: Readers Across America Antonio "Tony" Velez

*Author of original report: Readers Across America Antonio "Tony" Velez

What I thought was a nice guy, came up to me outside of the Wal-Mart and said he was trying to earn money for college. He said he was trying to earn points. He said his name was Anthony "Tony" Valez and that he was from New York. He also said he was Dominican Puerto Rican. He convinced me to subscribe to two sets of magazines and said he was going to call me tonight. I thought I was just helping a nice guy trying to get to College. But, when I noticed that he didn't call I decided to do some research on Readers Across America and I noticed some Rip-off report claims on Readers Across America. He gave me a reciept and the addres on the receipt says P.O Box 11575 Denver, Colorado 80211.

Lulu
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America-Anthony-Tony-Velez/Denver-Colorado/Readers-Across-America-Anthony-Tony-Velez-Attractive-olive-skinned-maybe-hazel-eyed-y-307867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America - Anthony "Tony" Velez

Readers Across America Antonio "Tony" Velez

AUTHOR: Lulu - (U.S.A.)

What I thought seemed like a nice guy came up to me outside of the Wal-Mart on the corner of Wallisville Road and Beltway 8 in Houston, Texas on Sunday February 10, 2008 and said he was selling Magazines for Readers Across America to earn money for College and so that he could go to Paris. He said he had to earn a certain number of points. He said his name was Antonio "Tony" Velez and I think he said another nickname of his was T.J. Said he was from New YorkBefore I got to Wal-Mart I was thinking about subscribing to some Magazines anyway. He seemed so nice and said we could go inside the McDonalds inside the Wal-Mart and talk about it. Because he said I could cancel anytime I want if I just called the number on the receipt, he seemed trustworthy. So I subscribed to two sets of magazines and wrote him a check. He said he would call me that evening. I guess about the magazines. As soon as I gave him the check he said he had to go sell more magzines and took off running. I didn't take very long doing my shopping at Wal-Mart and as soon as I got out of the Wal-Mart I noticed that he was gone. I started to have doubts and when I noticed that he didn't call later, I immediately checked the two reciepts he gave me and noticed that the Company had no websites. So I googled Readers Across America and noticed that there were lots of rip-off reports about them. I immediately called the number on the receipt to cancel, but I couldn't get through. I recently also googled an Antonio "Tony" Velez. To be continued...

Readers Across America Antonio "Tony" Velez

AUTHOR: Lulu - (U.S.A.)

What I thought seemed like a nice guy came up to me outside of the Wal-mart in Houston, Texas on the corner of Wallisville Road and Beltway 8 on February 9, 2008 said he was selling magazines to earn money for college and to go on a trip to Paris. He said he had to earn a certain number of points. Then, said his name was Antonio "Tony" Velez. I think he said another nickname of his was T.J. He said he was Dominican Puerto Rican and that he was from New York. He was very nice and said I could cancel anytime I want if I just called the number on the receipts and said if I did cancel not to tell them it was him that sold me the magazines I subscribed to. Because he said I could cancel I thought he was trustworthy. So I subscribed to two magazines to him. He said he would call me later that evening I guess about the magazines. When I noticed he didn't call I immediately looked at the receipt and noticed that they had no website and got online and searched Readers Across America at Google and noticed that there were all of these Rip-off Report Claims about Readers Across America. I immediately got scared and called their number to cancel but I couldn't get through. I recently Googled Antonio "Tony" Velez and there is a Tony "T.J" Velez wanted for a Homicide on Stockholm Street back in New York that happened in 2004, but the guy I saw looked a little different than the guy I saw in the picture that is wanted for murder. The guy I saw did not have a go-tee, had a shaved head, his eyes were a lighter shade of brown, and he was a little more tan.