Complaint Review: Readers Across America - RAA

• Submitted: Thu, January 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 06, 2005

• Reported By:Sioux Falls South Dakota
Readers Across America - RAA
Denver, CO Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America (RAA) Ripped off on $80 of fake magazine supscriptions. Ripoff! Denver Colorado

On June 3rd, 2004, a man solicited me in the WalMart parking lot. I had my kids with me and it really caught me off guard. The man told me a completely fake story and then went on to tell me the real reason he stopped me was b/c he's a poor college student selling magazines so he can go to Europe.

I wanted a supscription to a couple of the magazines he was selling anyways, so I ended up giving him $80. Well it's been 7 mos. now, still no magazines. When I try to call the company, no one answers and it says their mail box is full. One time I actually did get to leave a message. Do you think anyone called me back? No.

There has to be something a person can do about this, although I'm not sure what. I'm a single mom, though, and that $80 could have surely been spent someplace more useful.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2005 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America-RAA/Denver-Colorado/Readers-Across-America-RAA-Ripped-off-on-80-of-fake-magazine-supscriptions-Ripoff-Den-126139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America - RAA