Complaint Review: Readers Across America

• Submitted: Fri, June 25, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, March 19, 2005

• Reported By:Johnston Iowa
Readers Across America
P.O. Box 11575 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America Attacked us in the parking lot West Des Moines Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's what you say anytime somebody asks you for money.

*Author of original report: The company WAS Readers Across America, they told me to call RAA, which of course is still nothing but an answering machine.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: That is horrible... mag crews get a bad name

My sister (16) and I were pulling into the Walmart parking lot. These two men came up on each side of the door, and opened my car doors! They proceeded to sell us each a magazine. While they were doing that, someone who parked behind me hit my car, and they would not move so I could handle the accident! I called YM, to find out if this company was ligitimate, but they do not have them listed on their approved clearing house lists. Also, the other magazine they subscribed me to, Martial Arts, I can't even find on the internet to call them. I am going to let our local authorities know, as well as the Walmart Security to tell them to watch out for these guys. I am also going to go back there and see if I can find these two guys, and if I do, I am going to demand our money back on the spot. They didn't even give my sister a receipt because they knew she really didn't want the magazine and would cancel.

Angela
Urbandale, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2004 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America/Denver-Colorado-80211/Readers-Across-America-Attacked-us-in-the-parking-lot-West-Des-Moines-Iowa-96375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here's what you say anytime somebody asks you for money.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Don't argue with salesmen. They won't take no for an answer. They'll stand there and argue with you all day until you hit them with something to get them to shut up. It's the same with the damn bums looking for beer money.

Do what I do. I have a solution for just about everything.

As I see one of these losers coming my way, I start by asking him for a buck. Then, I tell him I have no bank account or credit card. No job. Living on welfare. Not a dime to my name. Total loser. No watch. Can't even tell what time it is.

If they ask me why I'm driving a brand new car, I say I stole the damn thing a week ago. It was free for the taking. Right off the dealer lot. Got the keys and all.

It's the exact same thing on the phone. Or, in stores.

If you'd done that, you would have more money in your pocket right now. And, you wouldn't be stuck with the magazine you never wanted in the first place.

Once people see you have no money, they leave you alone. Give it a try next time.

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

Just as an update, I did get a magazine, but it wasn't either of the two that were ordered. I recieved Maxim magazine!!! I'm a girl, I wanted Martial Arts Magazine, not some smutt filled guy magazine! Not to mention that when I called Maxim, They gave me some other company to call, I called them, they told me to call RAA, which of course is still nothing but an answering machine. This time, I'm filing charges with the Denver DA. I suggest others do the same. I will never order magazines from people I don't know again! sorry to all the honest ones, but I've been burned too many times now.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

That is horrible... mag crews get a bad name

AUTHOR: Smurf - (U.S.A.)

Guys like that are a disgrace....cops should have been called immediately. The local police should know the location of any local kids selling magazines since they are SUPPOSE to have sellers permit. Maybe if you call them now you can find out what company was in town at that time and search them down using that lead.....owners dont know who to fire unless they hear whats going on