Complaint Review: Readers Across America

• Submitted: Thu, September 23, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 23, 2004

• Reported By:Council Bluffs Iowa
Readers Across America
P.O. Box 11575 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America College Students scammed by Readers Across America ..AGAIN!ripoff! Denver Colorado

A man approached me on the second day of the fall semester at Iowa Western Community College, being in his early twenties. His sales approach was very persuasive and strong. I didn't think he was trustworthy at first, but I saw other students buying things from the other kid that was with him, so I said to myself "What could it hurt?"

I really wanted a subscription to Rolling Stone, so I purchased one for $22 + $9 for S&H. He tried to get me to buy Nickelodeon magazine for Childrens Hospital. However, I told him that they already have subscriptions to many children's magazines. I know this because I've been there before.

I left, thinking my magazine would come by next week, since Rolling Stone comes weekly...but it never came. I have tried calling Readers Across America several times, though nobody ever answers the phone and the voicemail is always full.

It has been over a month since I ordered, and a magazine has not come yet. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Denver, and have posted in many places on the internet about this increasing problem.

I know now to trust my instinct, and only order directly through the magazine company. Though I'm still hell-bent on getting my money back, I want revenge on RAA back for what they have done. Not only for me, but for what they have done to other innocent people.

Overall, I still can't believe that administration is letting these pricks into our colleges to take advantage of us students. Don't let this happen to you!

Mickey
Council Bluffs, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2004 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America/Denver-Colorado-80211/Readers-Across-America-College-Students-scammed-by-Readers-Across-America-AGAINripoff-109762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America