Complaint Review: Readers Across America

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2007

• Reported By:Peoria Illinois
Readers Across America
P.O. Box 11575 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America Rip-OFF, SCAM!!!! Denver Colorado

I was approached at my place of work, by a younger looking man trying to sell magazines to earn him points to try and win a trip to germany or wherever and if he gets his points in by tonight he will get 2000 dollars. I was not going to buy any and somehow he talked me into it.

After I found a magazine I would like he filled out the form and proceeded to tell me of a 12 dollar shipping and handling fee which would be refunded if I were a student. He began to try and sell more subscriptions while telling obsene and uncomfortable jokes, so I tried to finish up and get him to leave as soon as possible. I think this was the plan.

He returned again and needed just a few more points and I for some reason still wanted to help him out and he assured me I would be helping him cheat because I would get my check back if I cancelled within 3 days before midnight. I never fall for this stuff and I don't know what was so different this time. Thinking that it sounded fishy I called a friend and had her look up this company on the internet. I found all of these articles and called the bank to cancel the checks.

The company was able to take it out before they could be cancelled. So I am out $108. I would love to nail these guys. This is unfair to the people in the world who work for their money, not by scamming others.

Stephanie
Peoria, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2007 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America/Denver-Colorado-80211/Readers-Across-America-Rip-OFF-SCAM-Denver-Colorado-266498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America