Complaint Review: Readers Across America

• Submitted: Thu, June 17, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 17, 2004

• Reported By:Napa California
Readers Across America
P.O. Box 11575 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America ripoff! It's been over 120 days, no magazine, they don't return phone calls, my $31.00 check was cashed in March of this year. Denver Colorado

I had a young guy come to my door back in March of this year, 2004 selling magazines so he could go on a trip if he sold enough. I am one who never buys anything from a door to door salesman, but this time I guess I was feeling "sorry" for him.

I looked at the booklet of what he had to offer. My son found one he was interested in, so we subscribed to that one for the amount of $31.00. The guy told me the 1st issue would be here in 120 days, gave him my check, and he was on his way.

It's now the middle of June, no magazine. The check I gave them was cashed within 2 weeks, I've called the number listed on the receipt I have, but nobody ever calls back. I feel I was totally scammed, and now my son is pretty much mad at the fact he isn't getting his magazine.

I'm very upset that this company can get away this! How dare they send these kids out door to door, filling people up with their lies about how it's totally not a rip-off or scam, I'd have to disagree! They are a complete RIP-OFF & a SCAM!! How much money have they got from people? How many people have never received their magazines? More than I can imagaine most likely.

This company needs to be stopped. It's such a joke they can take people by using kids, take innocent people & their money, and when there is a problem, you call like they say, but you will never hear from them now that they have scammed you!

Napa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2004 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America/Denver-Colorado-80211/Readers-Across-America-ripoff-Its-been-over-120-days-no-magazine-they-dont-return-pho-95289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America