Complaint Review: Readers Across America

• Updated: Tue, July 10, 2007

• Reported By:Visalia California
Readers Across America
Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Readers Across America Bamboozled an unsuspecting single mom Ripoff Denver Colorado

In February 2007 I was aproached by two very nice gentlemen. They dazzled me with wonderful words then pounced on my kindness. They told me they recieved "points" from each sale. Since I am a very giving person I was more than happy to help these gentlemen out.....

Until they told me the price of the magazines. Of course they had a line for that. I would be getting a calll from the company in two weeks according to them. When I got the call I would have the option to cancell and they would still get half of their points.

Reluctantly, I wrote them a check for $70, thinking I would cancel one magazine and keep the other. Well, I went to my bank a few days later and the money from that check was gone. I immediatly called the company to see what was going on.

After several unanswered messages, I finally recieved a call. The lady informed me I should have read the reciept and that Readers across America was not re4sponsible for the statments of the individuals who made the sale.

Long story short, I ordered Self and Elle magazines. I have recieved 3 months of Seventeen magazine for some reason. No sight of the ones I ordered and here we are in June. Someone tell me was I dupped or am I just an idiot?

Ashanti
Visalia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2007 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Across-America/Denver-Colorado/Readers-Across-America-Bamboozled-an-unsuspecting-single-mom-Ripoff-Denver-Colorado-259997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Across America