Complaint Review: Reader's Choice Service Inc

• Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By: Jessifikuh — Dallas Texas United States of America
Reader's Choice Service Inc
7500 W Mississippi Ave #A50 Lakewood, Colorado United States of America

Reader's Choice Service Inc Harrassed a 15 year old into buying their stupid magazines! Lakewood, Colorado

When I was 15 years old we kept receiving thousands of marketing calls a day. My parents would ask me to answer the phone and Tell them we weren't interested. Readers Choice Service along with two other magazine companies kept calling nonstop.

One day they called saying that they had the credit card number and needed it verified or they would send me to a collections agency. Me?! I was scared because I was only 15 and didn't want to go to prison, like the lady threatened so I took my father's credit card and they have been harrasing me ever since. They took money out of my dad's account and sent a bill every month. They double charged his card until my dad had no money in his account.

Now that I am 18 years old, I managed to help my dad get a new account, but now they're debiting from my account. I have called to cancel and they keep threatening to send me to a collections company. Can't they get in trouble for taking money from a minor?

Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Choice-Service-Inc/Lakewood-Colorado-80226/Readers-Choice-Service-Inc-Harrassed-a-15-year-old-into-buying-their-stupid-magazines-L-588367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reader's Choice Service Inc