Chin
  • Report: #201905

Complaint Review: Readers Choice - Traveler Innovations - Auto Innovations - Distinct Advantage

• Submitted: Wed, July 19, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 19, 2006

• Reported By:Beltsville Maryland
Readers Choice - Traveler Innovations - Auto Innovations - Distinct Advantage
Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Readers Choice - Traveler Innovations - Auto Innovations - Distinct Advantage tried to rip me off 4 companies same voicemail Largo, Florida

First, i received a call on my cell phone offering an opportunity to receive a free trip and all I would have to do is to look at their Information package. They took me through an eternity of steps telling me it was all free, then said they needed my debit card number to handle the shipping fees.

Next I had to answer a bunch of questions, then receive a call back from someone to record my responses to further billing questions. This should have been a hint because they called me back from a blocked number twice, then left a message. I was at work so I couldnt answer the phone.

Someting like this had happened before, but I had closed my account so nothing ever came of it, I just thought I didnt receive the information. This made me call the 800 numbers I was given. One said that all circuits were busy. The next one led me to a machine that kept repeating "please hold and a representative will be back with you" After about 2 minutes I hung up.

I called the next 2 numbers I had and received the same message with the same voice. I then immediately called my bank, and had them cancel my debit card. They informed me that I alreay had a debit for the 1.95 shipping fee I was told about. Fortunately i came to this site and saw details describing the call i had received before I waited to receive anything in the mail.

About an hour later, I received another call saying that I had made a purchase from one of their partner companies and was being rewarded. This was Distinct Advantage. I immediately came back to this website and entered that name while the woman was still on the phone, and I hung up on her.

The first indication that it was a scam was that she told me the purchase had been made 7 months ago on my debit card. She couldnt tell me the name of the company (because they apparently have thousands of partner companies) or what I had purchased. Well I have only had my account for 2 months so I knew she was lying!

Liz
Beltsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2006 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Choice-Traveler-Innovations-Auto-Innovations-Distinct-Advantage/Largo-Florida/Readers-Choice-Traveler-Innovations-Auto-Innovations-Distinct-Advantage-tried-to-rip-201905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Choice - Traveler Innovations - Auto Innovations - Distinct Advantage