Complaint Review: Readers Choice promotions

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle — Palmdale California United States of America
Readers Choice promotions
1568 Clover Circle Melbourne, Florida United States of America

Readers Choice promotions Fast talking magazine telemarketer. Melbourne, Florida

I got a call from Readers Choice Promotions very early one Saturday morning in July 2012.  The girl who was calling was very sweet, almost too sweet. She acted like I knew her, and asked me about what i had been doing this summer, and about my family. I thought it was someone I knew, but forgot her name, I didn't want to be rude.
 By the time i realized she was really a sales person and not my friend, she had already got my bank info.and put some manager on the phone.  They dont give you any time to even ask questions.

Finally before she hung up I asked how do I cancel if need be she said just call us in 3 days, and quickly hung up.  she never gave me a number and no time to ask for one.

As of today August 8 2012, I received a letter of review of the magazines I supposedly ordered (which were nothing I even like)and what I owe them in 33 months, $1,297.23. Im going to shend them a copy of the cancellation notice and close my bank account  TODAY!! I will also be filing a complaint with The BBB and my bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Choice-promotions/Melbourne-Florida-32935/Readers-Choice-promotions-Fast-talking-magazine-telemarketer-Melbourne-Florida-924368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Choice promotions