Complaint Review: Reader's Digest Association, Inc. and Liz Vaccariello, Editor-In-Chief of Reader's Digest

• Submitted: Fri, February 08, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: Summer — Deltona Florida United States of America
7501 Winstead Dr. Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Reader's Digest Association, Inc. and Liz Vaccariello, Editor-In-Chief of Reader's Digest Scam! Unordered book. No contact information. Louisville, Kentucky

I received a book that I did not order.  Attempts to find online a phone number or contact information proved unsuccessful.  There were many sites for "Reader's Digest", and none had a good contact number.  One site sent me to an automated voice who told me I won 2 nights in the Bahamas--JUST FOR CALLING!They never ID'd themselves, but I doubt it was a legitimate number for Reader's Digest.

I came across this site in my search, and decided to join/ and make a report after seeing that another person had posted( almost 3 years ago) for the SAME problem with Reader's Digest.  Apparently the SCAM lives on.  I guess I should expect a bill from Arizona next week sometime.

Reader's Digest is the 3rd company that has pulled this on me.  Attempts to return items to address on package is futile, as I have been harassed for payment, because to return it to the company, it is a different address!  To get THAT address, you have to OPEN the package, and then you have to PAY for its return!!

Me, as a consumer, just can't win with this scam artists.  I have been an avid reader of Reader's Digest, with subscriptions in the past, and still read when I have the time, but now they have just lost a customer FOREVER.  Shame on you Reader's Digest!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest-Association-Inc-and-Liz-Vaccariello-Editor-In-Chief-of-Readers-Digest/Louisville-Kentucky-40283/Readers-Digest-Association-Inc-and-Liz-Vaccariello-Editor-In-Chief-of-Readers-Digest-1010887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reader's Digest Association, Inc. and Liz Vaccariello, Editor-In-Chief of Reader's Digest

target