Complaint Review: Reader's Digest Association, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, September 07, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, September 07, 2002

• Reported By:Waco TX
Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
www.readersdigest.com Pleasantville, New York U.S.A.

Reader's Digest Association, Inc. ripoff failed to refund duplicate payment Pleasantville New York

On January 28,2002, I paid $80.88 in full payment for an invoice I had received on my account. On March 2, 2002, my wife, not realizing the account had already been paid, issued another check as payment of the same account.

Subsequently realizing that a duplicate payment had been made, my wife talked with someone on the phone about this and was told that a refund would be made after verification that a duplicate payment had been received.

On June 17, 2002, I wrote to Reader's Digest Asssociation, Inc., explaining the situation and requesting the refund for $80.88.

On July 19, 2002, not having received the $80.88 refund and having received no reply from Reader's Digest (not even an acknowledgment of the claim), I again wrote a letter to Reader's Digest Association, Inc., attached a copy of my previous letter and again requested a refund of the $80.88 duplicate payment.

I still, as of September 7, 2002, have not received the $80.88 refund or any acknowledgment of the claim.

It now appears that Reader's Digest plans to just keep the $80.88 without even a reply to my letters. This is completely different from the image I had previously had of Reader's Digest, but I can not now recommend them to anyone.

Weldon
Waco, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2002 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest-Association-Inc/Pleasantville-New-York-10570-7000/Readers-Digest-Association-Inc-ripoff-failed-to-refund-duplicate-payment-Pleasantville-29342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reader's Digest Association, Inc.