Complaint Review: Readers Digest Association Inc

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Ollie — Milford Massachusetts United States of America
Readers Digest Association Inc
PO Box 80010 Prescott, Arizona United States of America

Readers Digest Association Inc I received a bill for "Select Editions Vol 4-12 THE BUNGLOW" ,a book never ordered or received. Prescott , Arizona

*Author of original report: Got bill cancelled

*Author of original report: Read my report more carefully

*UPDATE Employee: Contact Information

I received a past due bill followed later by an "AMNESTY NOTICE"  to pay $30.41 for a book that I never ordered or received.  The book titled " THE BUNGLOW" does not seem to exist.  Note that the word is not "BUNGALOW".  I searched on the Readers Digest website, Amazon, Google and other websites and did not find it.   The Prescott, AZ address is suspicious for Readers Digest and it is different from other Readers Digest  Ripoff Reports.

I am contacting Readers Digest at their known address in New York to complain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2012 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest-Association-Inc/Prescott-Arizona-86304-8010/Readers-Digest-Association-Inc-I-received-a-bill-for-Select-Editions-Vol-4-12-THE-BUNG-976907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Digest Association Inc

Got bill cancelled

AUTHOR: Ollie - (United States of America)

Thanks to contact number given by RD employee above, I got bill cancelled by Sandy but did not get explanation of how I  got the Amnesty Notice bill or where I could find the book " THE BIGLOW" on the Readers Digest website or elsewhere.  Does it exist?

Read my report more carefully

AUTHOR: Ollie - (United States of America)

I did not order the book and did not receive the book.  Glad to know that the AZ address is legitimate and to have the contact phone number.  I have written customer care three times with only one reply that said the account number was incorrect.  It was the number on the invoice.  I will call the phone number you referenced.

Contact Information

AUTHOR: KrystalRD - (United States of America)

Hello, I work for Readers Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I can assure you the address in Prescott, AZ is a legitimate billing address used by Reader's Digest. I am sorry to learn that you received a book you did not wish to order. I am including our contact information below.

1-800-308-9281

customercare@rd.com

One of our agents will be most happy to assist you.

Chelsea