Complaint Review: Readers Digest Claim Services

• Updated: Mon, October 26, 2009

• Reported By: Diana — Jacksonville Florida USA
Readers Digest Claim Services
118 W Charnwood St. Tyler, Texas United States of America

Readers Digest Claim Services Tony Bastile Director of Claims Send me a letter stateing I had won $ 65,000. Included in the letter was a check for $3050.23 this was suppose to paid the taxes and so forth on my winnings. But I saw where a man in France had been Tyler, Texas

I got a letter in the mail today that at first I thought was real but after alittle reseach I found out its a SCAM.  I was send a letter saying I eon 3rd place in a "READER's Digest Sweepstake for $65,000. Included was a check for $3050.23 to pay " all handling, insurance. duties and taxes fees".  I was to deposit the check once it cleared. I would be told what bank to paid the federal taxes and fees to.Then I would get a form to prove I had paid the fees, then within 24 hours I would recived my check for $65,000. but I can not find anyone working for this company by this name and there is other complaints about this to the same address in TX.  As the old saying goes if it seems to good to be true it is.  Check this out before you get taken.  Also the check they send you is rubber so your bank takes the money back from your account.  SO be very, very careful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest-Claim-Services/Tyler-Texas-75701/Readers-Digest-Claim-Services-Tony-Bastile-Director-of-Claims-Send-me-a-letter-stateing-I-515264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Digest Claim Services