Complaint Review: Readers Digest Processing Center

• Updated: Sun, November 20, 2011

• Reported By: Sharon — Westfield Massachusetts United States of America
Readers Digest Processing Center
po box 80010 Prescott, Arizona United States of America

Readers Digest Processing Center I keep ketting books that were never ordered. I send them back and keep getting billed. No phone number to contact them Prescott, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Here's some info from the BBB site...hope it helps

*Consumer Comment: Easy fix

I keep getting books from Readers Digest that I never ordered.  When I got the bill for the first one, I paid for it thinking I might have accidentally ordered it.  Then came the second one.  I returned it as I knew it was nothing I ordered as I would NEVER order a puzzle book for $20.00.  I do not have that much time or money to do puzzles.  Then came the third one with a bill for an additional $27.22 for the one I returned plus payment for this book totaling $54.44.  There is no phone number on the bill  that I can call to "cancel"  this.  I keep having to pay postage to return these books and keep receiving a bill for books I do not have and have sent back.

If anyone has any info to help me resolve this, I would greatly appreciate it.  I do not need any more bills especially for something  I didn't order and I don't even have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2011 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest-Processing-Center/Prescott-Arizona-86304-8010/Readers-Digest-Processing-Center-I-keep-ketting-books-that-were-never-ordered-I-send-the-799550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Digest Processing Center

Here's some info from the BBB site...hope it helps

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Fax: (414) 423-3955

JAF Station, Box 2182,

New York,  NY  10116

Marsha_Riding@rd.comhttp://www.rd.com

They also show an additional # 800-934-0977.

Good luck.

Easy fix

AUTHOR: Dick - (U.S.A.)

If you are POSITIVE you never ordered any books, just ignore any future books or bills you get. While I can't be 100% sure, 10 years ago if you received ANY item you didn't order, you were under NO obligation to return or pay for it. I had a similar problem years ago. Out of courtesy I sent the first book back with a note stating that I didn't order it, didn't want it,and would not pay for it. I requested that they send me a copy of my supposed order. I also stated that if I received any books in the future I would NOT return them and wouldn't pay for them. I received 2 more books afterwards and didn't pay for them or send them back. Never heard from them again. I think that law is still in effect but you may want to check with an attorney friend.