Complaint Review: Reader's Digest association

• Updated: Mon, August 01, 2011

• Reported By: Tiktokklok — Los Angeles California United States of America
Reader's Digest association
7501 Winstead Drive Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Reader's Digest association Reader's Digest mailed unsolicited book and worthless "gifts" and a bill with no way to tell them to stop Louisville, Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: I enjoy

*Consumer Suggestion: I had no trouble at all finding a phone number..

The scumballs at Reader's Digest mailed an unsolicited book to me along with two "Free Gifts:" a cheap plastic pen and model train car. The book was a cheaply-printed paperback collection of stories I would never want to read and was probably "condensed" by the morons at Reader's Digest who specialize in ruining literature. Also included in the mailing was a bill for thirty something dollars when thirty CENTS would be too much for the trash they sent me. Although nothing at all was spelled out, the bill appeared to suggest that more trash and more bills would keep coming, but there was no way for me to respond to reader's Digest to inform them I never ordered that junk and to stop sending their trash to me. No address, no phone number, no return form for me to fill out demanding they STOP trying to fleece me.

Although I realize federal law permits me to keep unsolicited "gifts," I decided to send the crap back to reader's Digest at their corporate headquarters in Kentucky. I mailed their trash back to them via Certified Mail, return Receipt requested. I marked their billing statement with "CANCEL!" "FUTURE SHIPMENTS WILL BE REFUSED!"

I'm getting tired of companies in the United States such as Reader's Digest who continue to rip-off their fellow citizens. These scumballs and others of their ilk should be put on notice that there are some people in this nation of ours who can and will seek quick and sure justice by taking matters into their own hands. Of course, I personally advocate only legal action, but as a former combat paratrooper, I am certain some people are so angry at such betrayals by their fellow citizens, they are near the breaking point. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the folks at Reader's Digest or any of their fellow rip-off artists when that happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2011 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest-association/Louisville-Kentucky-40281/Readers-Digest-association-Readers-Digest-mailed-unsolicited-book-and-worthless-gifts-759282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reader's Digest association

I enjoy

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

getting crap because I know that I won't be paying for it and it costs them money to send the stuff to me.

Some of the stuff could even be sold on ebay.

I understand your frustration though, and would applaud someone storming into the home office and giving a few kicks in the head!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I had no trouble at all finding a phone number..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

for Reader's Digest Association, I just googled     Readers digest association.

Here's the info.

Contact UsCustomer Service:Click here for FAQ or to log into your account

1-800-310-6261

or email rdservice@custhelp.comCareers:Click here for information about jobs at RDA

or email careers@rd.com