Complaint Review: Readers Digest

• Updated: Tue, June 21, 2011

• Reported By: Jeanne — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Readers Digest
PO Box 80010 Prescott, Arizona United States of America

Readers Digest I have been sent two books as a gift according to Readers Digest and now I'm being billed $30.00 which they are requesting be paid by July 14th. Prescott, Arizona

I applied for a monthly subcription for a year with Readers Digest. The charge was to be $10.00. Then I began receiving a book called Select Editions with multiple stories. They have sent two of these Select Editions, stating that this was a free gift from Readers Digest. Today I received an invoice from them stating that I owed $30.00 which was to be paid by July 14th.

I did not request these and will not pay this outrageous fee! This is a scam and so deceiving! I am very angry and upset and honestly so diappointed at Readers Digest!

If they will agree to pay the postage for returning these books, I will gladly send them back and cancel my subscription as well!

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2011 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest/Prescott-Arizona-86304-8010/Readers-Digest-I-have-been-sent-two-books-as-a-gift-according-to-Readers-Digest-and-now-I-743485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Digest