Complaint Review: Readers Digest

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Lad Tucson — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Readers Digest

*Consumer Comment: I have a question.....

I have been a subscriber to Readers Digest for many years. I also send copies as a gift. This year, I became very annoyed when I recieved a notification that my subsribtion need to be renewed as well as my gift subscriptions.   A few weeks later I recieved the same notice. So I decided to check. I called RD and discoverd my subscriptions were good thru 2014. I asked why I was getting these notices. No real answer.

I sent a complaint online, recieved computer generated responses. My last reply resulted in,,, we do this. and you can decide what you want to do...(net of the email).

I Believe RD is boarding on a Fraudulant practice and think the BBB should look at their status and sent them a message to stop this practice or clearify the subscribers expiration status when they sent out these continual "It's time to renew Notices"...

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Digest/internet/Readers-Digest-Renewal-Notices-are-sent-even-when-subscription-has-years-After-money-933932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Digest

I have a question.....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Readers Digest Renewal Notices are sent even when subscription has "years" ..After money " notices are Fraud , Internet"

What, specific law, makes this practice a "fraud?"
If you can cite the law, you should report RD to your state's attorney general and the FTC.

Why so annoyed with the notices?.....can't you just trash them and get a chuckle at them wasting postage sending them out?  You sound like a cranky person, looking for a cause.