Complaint Review: Readers Service Of America - Galaxy Credit

• Submitted: Wed, December 15, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 15, 2004

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Readers Service Of America - Galaxy Credit
P.O. Box 7351 Chandler, Arizona U.S.A.

NMS Subscriptions - Readers Service Of America - Galaxy Credit ripoff, fraudulent billing, dishonest, swindeling Chandler Arizona

I received a letter from Galaxy Credit claiming that I owed $78 for a 36 month subscription to RollingStone. I then emailed RollingStones customer service about the bill. They confirmed what I had thought to be true, that my subscription was paid in full until July of 2005.
I called Galaxy with my new info and they then informed me that my debt was thru a third party, NMS Subscriptions. So I once again got in contact with RollingStone and they said that my subscription was directly thru them so billing was done thru them aswell and I needed to get further info from Galaxy regarding when I made the renewal, etc.

It took weeks for Galaxy to get back to me with that info and all they did then was send me to another magazine distributor. They said that the collection also noted Readers Service of America as the company to which I owed the $78.

When I asked about NMS they said they had no idea what I was talking about and proceeded to give me the info for Readers Service of America.

I have since written several letters to RSofA and have gotten no response. I cant find any info about them online and doubt that this is all on the up and up. Galaxy is still pursuing the debt even though
RollingStone claims that I am PAID IN FULL!! I was hoping this site would help and have found that many others are apparently in the same boat. What can I do??!!

Alli
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2004 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Readers-Service-Of-America-Galaxy-Credit/Chandler-Arizona-85246-7351/NMS-Subscriptions-Readers-Service-Of-America-Galaxy-Credit-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-123071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Readers Service Of America - Galaxy Credit

bullets