Socialist

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 07, 2008

• Reported By:Roanoke Virginia
Reading America
880 Marietta Hwy. Suite 630-332 Roswell, Georgia U.S.A.

Reading America Scam Roswell Georgia

*Consumer Comment: WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN

*Consumer Comment: Why did you give them your bank account number if you didn't want them?

I was called one day after work saying I had won a $1000 shopping spree. I was on my cell phone so the lady on the phone was cutting in and out. She then went on to tell me about magazines that I could receive. She got her supervisor on the phone who asked a bunch of questions. We got cut off 3 times but the woman called me back.

She started telling me about all these charges and I told her I didn't understand how the cost was that much because she said I would receive 6 magazines for $2.00 a piece. I told her that did not come out correctly. She tried to explain again and I still told her it did not make sense. All I wanted is to get off the phone and since she kept calling me I figured if I just answered the questions she would leave me alone.

I received some papers in the mail about all the magazines I could get and a form to sign to get my $1000 shopping spree. I just left the papers and never did anything with them. All of a sudden I started getting charged on my bank account but did not receive any magazines.

I dug out those papers after reading about this company online and wrote cancel on every form. Also I wrote a letter telling them to stop billing me and that I would take legal actions if they did not. I gave them 30 days to reemburse me. I recieved a phone call from the company after I had been billed again saying I owed them money.

I told the lady I cancelled that and would not pay anything. She said I agreed to it, I told her I never signed anything. She went on to say that I had been recorded agreeing to it. I told her I would get a lawyer involved. All she said is that if I did not pay it would be sent to collections. I told her I didn't care I just did not want to be harrassed anymore. She then rudely went on to say "your account will be in collections." Then she hung up.

Hokiehunny
Roanoke, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reading-America/Roswell-Georgia-30075/Reading-America-Scam-Roswell-Georgia-388589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reading America

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH TELEMARKETERS!

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE PERSON WHO IS CALLING IS ACTUALLY A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS. in this case it was not!

You learned a very expensive lession.

Why did you give them your bank account number if you didn't want them?

AUTHOR: Lenny - (U.S.A.)

Why did you give her your bank account number? If you thought she would call you back if you hung up, so what, hang up again. Then you get mail on how to cancel the whole transaction but you "just left the papers". It sounds like you're on the hook for whatever amount it is, I hope it isn't much. You said $2 each for 6 magazines but you didn't mention the total you were charged.