Complaint Review: Reading Associates Of America

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:Fullerton California
Reading Associates Of America
P.O. Box 11150 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Reading Associates Of America Ripped off by magazine seller..don't be fooled by innocence Denver Colorado

Ok, so I am just getting off of work, and I head out towards my truck. Then, i hear someone call out something, so I turn to this kid, or young adult, whatever. I figure it was someone who thought they knew me, but I didn't...but I stopped anyway. So, he starts explaining his situation to me: he is in a program that has him "coming out of his shell;" not his words, but you get the idea, just stuff to lure me in. Then, he talks me into buying some magazines from this organization he is with. He had some good stuff to offer, so I couldn't refuse. In the end, I had to pay $24...not too bad, but I didn't have it on hand. So, I ended up driving w/ him to the bank to get some money out. I take him back to my work, pay him, then leave, expecting a call within 3 days. Just as I suspected, I was ripped off...no, I was robbed.

Beware of people selling stuff and/or wanting contributions. From now on, I will not buy stuff from organizations like this, unless I know I will receive what I am supposed to receive. To the person who did this, good job, you got me this time, but I learned my lesson.

I do not remember what this person looked like, but I remember his story and him selling magazines. His story is similar to one I read about on this site...therefore, I am not the only victim of such crimes.

Kevin
Fullerton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reading-Associates-Of-America/Denver-Colorado-80211/Reading-Associates-Of-America-Ripped-off-by-magazine-sellerdont-be-fooled-by-innocence-416919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reading Associates Of America