Complaint Review: Ready debit

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2012

• Reported By: Seattle mom of 4 — marysville Washington United States of America
Ready debit

Ready debit meta bank Investigating a Atm Withdrawl and taking up to 45 days to credit my money back! Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Guess these guys

*Author of original report: I won my case and still no money

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Ready Debit

I used a ATM on June 17th and withdrew 440.00 dollars from my account, the atm made a funny sound and never dispensed my money to me, this was at 5 am so the bank was closed, I immediatly called and filed a report with ready debit disputes department and contacted the ATM owner when it opened. the bank said I would have to dispute with my bank as they don't service their own ATMS blah blah and refused to show any compassion or help, I filed a report over the phone and asked if I needed to supply documentation they said no. (Which seems weird they would want nothing in writing) I decided to file a letter to protect myself (glad I did) I was told it can take up to 45 days to investigate and I can not be credited until then... almost a month and a half later I could maybe get my money back, they refused to issue any type of provisional credit.....   even though the FDIC guidelines say they must within 10 business days while they are investigating, when I called disputes they said they recieved my letter (YES LETTER) and were using that date, the person on the phone obviously did nothing to get the investigation started so if I would not have sent a letter nothing would have happened. All they have to do is watch the tape to see I did not get my money,  or audit the atm, here we are at over day 40 and NOTHING Has been done it is not even my bank that is doing the investigation its bankcorp... they say they have no control over crediting the account. every time I call customer service to complain and request a supervisor they place me on hold say  " this is a prepaid card" so what?! still my money and then get disconnected, I have yet to talk to a supervisor or see my 440.00 I will contact a lawyer if I have to this is insane, I did not recieve my money and they said they can't credit because the other bank has 45 days to come after them? that make no sense whatsoever and why would it take over 40 days to investiage something so simple?  no phone calls I have recieved or letters, no help or apology NOTHING!   What will it take to see my money again?!!!  I am so sick of calling everywhere and getting no help at all. I don't care if it is a prepaid card or not that was still my money and why should I be punished for a malfunctioning ATM? I fell so behind on my bills 440.00 is a lot of money to me, but a drop in the bucket to a bank.. .HELP SO FRUSTERATED! I cry every time I call them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ready-debit/internet/Ready-debit-meta-bank-Investigating-a-Atm-Withdrawl-and-taking-up-to-45-days-to-credit-756615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ready debit

Guess these guys

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

aren't very ready.

I won my case and still no money

AUTHOR: Seattle mom of 4 - (United States of America)

I have since won my case regarding the debit dispute and I still have not seen the credit in my account. the first rep I spoke with told me it would be by end of business day that day. (Which was a saturday) so I knew that was not happening. I called again and was told by the end of the business week. SO for a transaction on JUNE 17th I still have not recieved my money, I won my case and it will be almost 60 days til I get my money. If I owed them money, they would not hestiate to remove those funds ASAP. I can't believe this is happening, because I counted on that money I am extremly late for rent and it is causing me severe stress. I have never recieved such poor service, or miscommunicated information in my life!

Response from Ready Debit

AUTHOR: Ready Debit Support - (United States of America)

We are sorry for the issues that you have experienced. Please call our corporate headquarters at 1-866-465-1645 so we can help you.