Complaint Review: Real Estate Express

• Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: Lisa — Las Vegas Nevada
Real Estate Express
Internet USA

Real Estate Express The Reports Here Are True...Avoid Using This Company! Internet

*Author of original report: Final Update...Full Refund Received

*Author of original report: Unfortunately, they appear to be CONS!

*Author of original report: This is an update, not a rebuttal

This report will be short and sweet.  In a nutshell, the negative reports that precede this one are true.  Don't use this company.

My experience was similar to jland's.  I didn't think it mattered too much which online education company I chose because I've got fifteen years experience in the field plus a law degree so I thought it would be pretty much a cakewalk.  Everything was basically fine until I had that weird experience of failing the same Arkansas real estate law PRACTICE exam five or seven times, each time getting the same score of 72, so I could not go forward.  They require 80% to go forward.  I requested SEVERAL times to receive a key so that I could see for myself what I missed and why and they will not give me one.  They put me in touch with an older sounding gentleman named "Chad" who is supposed to be the Texas instructor (I am taking the Arkansas pre-license course).  Chad claimed that I needed to study how the AREC selected it's members.  That's BS.  I've demanded several times to receive a key to this PRACTICE exam so that I can see what I missed and why.  They will not give it to me.  Nor will they give me a new exam so that I can proceed in the course.

Please, please do not give these people any of your money.  They are cons.  I am filing a written report with The Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education and I strongly recommend others who have been swindled by these cons to file reports with their respective state boards of private career education.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Real-Estate-Express/internet/Real-Estate-Express-The-Reports-Here-Are-TrueAvoid-Using-This-Company-Internet-1054478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Real Estate Express

Final Update...Full Refund Received

AUTHOR: Lisa - ()

After involving the Missouri Attorney General and the Online Better Business Bureau I received a surprise full refund from Real Estate Express on the same day the Attorney General's office responded in writing to me saying that they would investigate the matter.  I'm happily working my way through the Kaplan Real Estate Pre-Licensing course.  Can't recommend Real Estate Express but no complaints about Kaplan thus far.

Unfortunately, they appear to be CONS!

AUTHOR: Lisa - ()

This will be my final report on Real Estate Express.  I actually got the Arkansas Real Estate Commission and the Arkansas Career Education involved.  I've sent e-mails back and forth with them and they are my witnesses to this matter.

I was unable to pass a practice examination, similar to other people's experiences.  I hold a JD degree and I've got about 15 years experience in real estate investing.  After many e-mails back and forth I believed that I finally got what I wanted-an explanation of the questions I missed and where I could find the answers, but the con continues.  here are just two examples:

I was told that I had missed Question #5 and that I should look up AREC regulation 10.11 to correctly answer this question.  Here's question #5:

An unlicensed leasing assistant may perform which of the following:

1.  Delivery of a lease application

2.  Recieve a security deposit

3.  Recieve a rent payment

4.  Show a rental unit without instructions from the owner.

Well, apparently Real Estate Express thinks the joke is on the consumer because AREC regulation 10.11 talks about self dealing, not exceptions to the licensing requirement.

I was told I had missed Question #26 and I should study AREC regulation 10.5.  Here's question #26:

In Arkansas, claims for referral fees paid between licensees are:

1.  Illegal

2.  Legal

3.  Must have a reasonable cause

4.  Must have a bona fide, documented claim to be legitimate.

Again, apparently Real Estate Express thinks the joke is on me because I was referred to AREC regulation 10.5 for this question and AREC regulation describes advertising regulations, not referral fees.

I've taken significant time out of my day to warn others-please don't waste money with these people.  The NICEST thing you can say is they they are misguided and have issues, but it might be more accurate to say they are cons.

This is an update, not a rebuttal

AUTHOR: Lisa - ()

After much strong willed and determined negotiation (thank you law school and God) I received what I wanted from Real Estate Express which was a guide to determine which questions I had missed and where I could look up the answers.  I wish that it had not taken so much strong willed determination to get what I needed from this online school.  I will let everyone know how it goes.