Complaint Review: Real Movers, LLC/ Real Van Lines/Flat Rate Movers and Many Other Names

• Submitted: Wed, June 15, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, June 19, 2011

• Reported By: Another Victim of these robbers! — Alabama United States of America
Real Movers, LLC/ Real Van Lines/Flat Rate Movers and Many Other Names
3300 Frainklin Road Atlanta, Birmingham, Georgia United States of America

Real Movers, LLC/ Real Van Lines/Flat Rate Movers and Many Other Names They operate under multiple names- BEWARE! Bravo Movers and the list goes on, Do NOT use this company! They are a bunch of thieves and will rob you blind Atlanta, Birmingham, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Legal action

This company quotes you a price to move all your possessions, puts it in writing in the contract and then literally extorts money from you in order to retrieve your own belongings.
They come to your home, package all of your belongings and load them on to a Ryder rental truck and then take them to a warehouse (according to them) and store them for extended periods of time. They promise to deliver your belongings, however somehow they end up in a warehouse and give you the run around every time you call to inquire about where your stuff is (that is if you are lucky enough to actually get someone to respond to your inquiries after they have all of your worldly possessions).

NOTHING was discussed about my belongings ending up in a storage unit in Atlanta, and certainly was not put into writing.  I still am not quite sure WHY they decided to unload our belongings into a storage unit in the first place as I was told that delivery would be within the week of pickup.
They told me that I would be "getting a great rate because they were also moving another family and had room on the truck, therefore the rates would be better".  When they arrived early, I had a strange feeling about them (considering they could barely even speak English), but went ahead and let them load the truck after seeing other furniture on it and signing the contract.  Now, I am feeling like this was a HUGE mistake and am very worried.
They keep giving us extended delivery dates when we speak with them, which has us very concerned.  In other words, we are getting the runaround.  I am not sure what this company is up to, but they certainly are appearing more and more to be a bunch of crooks.

If I do not have our belongings in the next 7 days, I am taking legal action on a state as well as Federal level with these clowns.  It appears that many others have had difficulties with them as well and I do not intend to pay them double, much less triple the original estimate given in writing to obtain my belongings.  In other words, I am fighting mad and I will fight them all the way on this!
I know that I am not alone in this battle, and am willing and ready to file suit against them if I don't get results in the next week.

Whatever you do, please take the time to read some of these complaints before making the same mistake that we did.  I wish that we had thought to research this company more.  The problem is that they are operating under multiple names/alias and that makes it difficult to truly track down their scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Real-Movers-LLC-Real-Van-LinesFlat-Rate-Movers-and-Many-Other-Names/Atlanta-Birmingham-Georgia-30325/Real-Movers-LLC-Real-Van-LinesFlat-Rate-Movers-and-Many-Other-Names-They-operate-under-741302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Real Movers, LLC/ Real Van Lines/Flat Rate Movers and Many Other Names

Legal action

AUTHOR: MrsJames - (United States of America)

I went through the same thing and I have the name and number of the attorney that has gone up against these people before. His name is Bruce Mitchell and he is out of Atlanta.

If anyone would like the number, email me at

Primadonamama.james@gmail.com