Complaint Review: RealPLayer

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:Manvel Texas
RealPLayer
Seattle Washington Nationwide U.S.A.

RealPLayer Real player lets you buy music but not the lisence to be able to play, download, or burn. Seattle Washington

My bigest complaint with realplayer is that I can't play purchased music. Most of the time I have used 'free credit' because I have Superpass.

When I try to play any of my purchased music I get one of three messages: "We can't find the music", "This is a Rhapsody download and you can only play it after you log into your Rhapsody account" They don't tell me I bought it there, just that I downloaded it from there.

This is interesting because I don't even have Rhapsody. I couldn't have downoloaded it from Rhapsody. They have told me that I have downloaded it from RealPlayer. I didn't know you could even download music from RealPlayer without buying it!. And through out all of this they keep telling me that I have "insufficient rights" because I haven't paid for this musid.

We have been going rounds for 8 months. They keep teling me I have to prove this. I have sent them copies of what is on "My Account" on Realplayer, that shows what I have bought when, and for how much. I have also sent copies of the messages I get when I try to play the music.

They have told me I need me I need to uninstall the program and install it. I have done this at least 12 times. And I have even more problems now. Especially with the new edition. Every time I open this It tells me I have to uninstall Realplayer and install the new edition again. I have also been told me that since I have the free edition I can't play my music on it.

So Consiquently I am paying for Superpass to get to watch BB9 but I am suppose to get a credit to buy 10 songs, but I don'tget to listen to the 10 songs I buy?

Can you figure this out?

Lmg
Manvel, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RealPLayer/nationwide/RealPLayer-Real-player-lets-you-buy-music-but-not-the-lisence-to-be-able-to-play-download-305075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RealPLayer