Complaint Review: Realization Center

• Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: shocked and appalled — brooklyn New York
Realization Center
19 Union Square new york, New York United States of America

Realization Center THIS ADDICTIONS TREATMENT CENTER IS ACCEPTING CLIENTS WHO NEED INPATIENT CARE SO THEY CAN TAKE THEIR MONEY! THEY ALMOST KILLED MY FRIEND! new york, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Re: Complaint

*Author of original report: In Response to Your Management Team

*Author of original report: In Response to Your Management Team

*UPDATE Employee: Realization Center

My friend began receiving treatment at the Realization Center afewmonths after attempting suicide. My friend has a primary diagnosis of PTSD and suffers from trauma due to incest over a 10 year period starting when she was 6 years old.

The Realization center accepted her as a client and had her meet with an addictions counselor once a week for 9 months. during these 9 months my friend completely deteriorated and attempted suicide by cutting herself with a knife. she drank and cut throughout her 'treatment' at this place and while they were in no way able to treat her, they gladly kept seeing her and charging her medicaid for the sessions (in addition to taking 25 dollars from her for each visit).

These people should be ashamed of themselves! this woman is now on one to one supervision at an inpatient facility as a result of their incompetence in not referring her to a facility that can properly care for her. This place is money hungry and in no way is dedicated to properly treating and referring their clients.

This place should be shut down and scorned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Realization-Center/new-york-New-York-10003/Realization-Center-THIS-ADDICTIONS-TREATMENT-CENTER-IS-ACCEPTING-CLIENTS-WHO-NEED-INPATIE-1042468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Realization Center

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Re: Complaint

AUTHOR: The Watcher - (USA)

I am not affiliated with this treatment center but I cannot help but notice striking similarities in this report to reports about other substance abuse facilities. This leads me to believe the same person with a dually diagnosed friend/family member has an axe to grind with treatment in general. Or perhaps this is a sick individual who gets their kicks writing poor reviews for treatment centers and trolling for a reaction.

In Response to Your Management Team

AUTHOR: shocked and appalled - ()

Firstly,

The Realization Center did 'assess' my friend and determined that despite the fact that 'they don't treat PTSD' (those were your social worker's words, not mine), they would treat her anyway and 'see what happens.'

Secondly,

when she began to deteriorate, i begged her social worker to refer her to an inpatient facility. My friend had insurance and yet, her social worker stated that ' they were hard to find' and encouraged ME to find something for her. She consistently refused to answer my calls, and when i finally could get through to anyone there, she would tell me she found nothing and ask me if I can continue to look.

Thirdly,

I called your 'customer service' department at the time and their primary concern was who i had been speaking to at the center and if i had a lawyer! that was the first question they asked me so my guess is , this isn't the first time the Realization Center has been grossly negligent toward a client.

Lastly,

It was I that found her the hospital she is in now and helped her to transition there. I am astonished at your neglect of her and am fearful of what other clients there may be experiencing.

Again,

THIS FACILITY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. IT IS A DISGRACE. you should thank your lucky stars she had me and didn't die because I would have made sure your organization would have died right along with her. Despite the fact that my friend is still alive, I will be retaining legal counsel in the near future to ensure that she is compensated for your maltreatment and that others don't suffer from this organization as well.

In Response to Your Management Team

AUTHOR: shocked and appalled - ()

Firstly,

Secondly,

Thirdly,

Lastly,

Again,

Realization Center

AUTHOR: Realization Center - ()

Actually, Realization Center, an OASAS licensed program, around for 28 years clinically assesses each client that comes for treatment on an ongoing basis.  If that client is in need of inpatient treatment, he or she would be referred to a higher level of care.

Often time, it is the insurance company or the clients lack of funds or motivation which prohibits the client for attending inpatient treatment.

Rather than coldly discharge the person, Realization Center will continue to help that person by increasing their visits and providing more structured care often times at no extra charge.

But if you have a problem with the treatment at Realization Center, we strong encourage you to contact our Community Relations Department at 212-627-9600 and we will be happy to discuss.