Complaint Review: Realty Development Res Inc

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: craigslist scam — Austin Texas United States of America
Realty Development Res Inc
401 N. Michigan Avenue Suite 1200 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Realty Development Res Inc Sending fake checks via Craigslist Scam Chicago, Illinois

I was selling various items on Craigslist, and received many of the classic Craigslist scam inquiries.

As a rule, and for some recreation, I like to mess with them, lead them on, etc.  I never officially gave them my home address, but it must of been attached when I replied via my gmail account.  Several days later, I received a real overnight FedEx envelope, with a very real-looking check for 2750.00.

There was no explanation for the check, but given how authentic it looked, the name of the bank, etc. I (foolishly) believed it was some prize I had won for entering a drawing, contest, or completing a survey.

Looking over some old scam emails I realized the FedEx envelope shared the same tracking number as described in one of the messages.  Luckily, I was never about to send money to these guys, but was very disappointed when I realized the check was sent from one of the people I had been corresponding with.

Please be careful folks, I had no idea how "pro" these guys could be, or that they would be willing to pay for an expensive FedEx overnight letter.  Any reasonable person would have believed the check was legit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Realty-Development-Res-Inc/Chicago-Illinois-60611/Realty-Development-Res-Inc-Sending-fake-checks-via-Craigslist-Scam-Chicago-Illinois-829362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Realty Development Res Inc