Complaint Review: Realty Trac

• Updated: Mon, October 26, 2009

• Reported By: Rick320 — West Dundee Illinois USA
Realty Trac
irvine, California United States of America

Realty Trac prevents and delays cancellation while charging your credit card every month irvine, California

I signed up for "free" trial to find foreclosures in my area.  Found a few.  Continued after 7 day "free trial" because we were still looking.  Then I forgot about it until I got my credit card statement and saw the $39.95 charge.  I went online to cancel and could not get on with my password.  tried several times.  I sent a "forgot password" request, it never arrived.  Got busy doing other things.

Next month got the charge, criticized myself for forgetting.  could not long in requested password... repeat above.

after three times not getting a password return, I spent an hour on their site looking for a way to call someone.  They charge $5 to have a "real person" cancel your account, but I called anyway.  the person gave me the password that was registered with them and it was the same password I had used and could not get in before.  Mysteriously, it worked after I hung up.

Their information may or may not be up to date (per other complaints) but I think they are consciously making it difficult to cancel your account to enhance their revenues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Realty-Trac/irvine-California-/Realty-Trac-prevents-and-delays-cancellation-while-charging-your-credit-card-every-month-515070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Realty Trac