Complaint Review: Realty Trac

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:Wayne Pennsylvania
Realty Trac
RealtyTrac Inc. One Venture Plaza, Suite 300 Nationwide U.S.A.

Realty Trac Shares your credit/debit card information with other companies without authorization Irvine California

I had signed up the for the 7 day free trial of Realty Trac, I had been looking for an additional way to find foreclosures and was very disappointed by the expired information. I canceled my free trial within one business day. They sent me a confirmation and I was not charged. One month later I got a charge on my checking acct statement from "TheRealEstatePromoter" in the amount of $39.95. Because of this unauthorized charge my bank acct got completely screwed up, it snowballed and I now owe 6 $36 dollar fees. I now have to go into my bank, fight them to remove fees and see if I can go after Realty Trac for the rest. I am also concerned that I will need to cancel my debit card because I'm afraid that other companies may have the number. This poses an even greater inconvenience because I have several necessary accounts that use my debit card for payment on an automated schedule which will probably cause me to incur even more fees.

A company should never be allowed to sell your financial information to any company they want. Where does end?

Lmpdevon
Wayne, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Realty-Trac/nationwide/Realty-Trac-Shares-your-creditdebit-card-information-with-other-companies-without-authori-377788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Realty Trac