Complaint Review: Reassurance Home Inspection LLC

• Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By: scammedandmad — Minnetonka United States of America
Reassurance Home Inspection LLC
3929 Arthur Street NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Reassurance Home Inspection LLC Good at writing a report, bad at finding issues Minneapolis, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Good at writing a report, bad at finding issues

I was impressed with Dave from the start, he inspected one property that I couldn't come to a agreement with the homeowner on the home price. I had him inspect a second townhouse and he wrote the report. I read the report and asked dave.  Would you buy this property? His answer was a yes.

Less than one year later, the garage floor will need to be replaced, front and rear patio, retaining wall, drain tile. The plumbing gaskets under the kitchen sink were installed backwards causing a flood in the kitchen. Lucky, I had a home warranty for this.

Dave also invited a state trooper into my home to discuss a accident with his daughter had. Without telling me until I arrived and the trooper was gone. I called Dave to ask for a refund and was given a speech about how everything was in the report ect.. I understand he can't view everything but there were major issues missed by Dave..

I am sure he will write a follow up and give himself 5 starts like below. But buyer be aware.. Dave seams like a nice guy.. but he really just out to make a quick buck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2012 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reassurance-Home-Inspection-LLC/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55343/Reassurance-Home-Inspection-LLC-Good-at-writing-a-report-bad-at-finding-issues-Minneapo-863318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reassurance Home Inspection LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Good at writing a report, bad at finding issues

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

I feel sorry for this home buyer. He moved forward on a townhome and was not completely informed about all of the issues but his was not a fault of mine. The report stated issues that he either ignored or did not read. I have been doing home inspections for 20+ years I have never told anyone to buy a home. That is just never done. I told home I can not answer that for a variety of reasons. He sees value in that townhome that I could never determine...if the house is by friends, family, work, if it is a good fit for him or his family. That is just a few reasons why that question is never answered by a home inspector. I advised him to read the report and contact me if he had any issues. We talked breifly at the time of the inspection after walking through the property. I reminded him I had extensive experience fixing some of the problems in the report and if he needed to consult me about any of those issues he could contact me. He never contacted me until he was in the home for almost a year. I can not predict the future. No home inspector can. That is not the job of a home inspector. Additionally, his Realtor told me that the sellers did not disclose some of the issues he was concerned about, which they were required to do, and she was going to assist him with the help of the Realty companies attorney to try and resolve this. I was never contacted by any attorney. If I did not do my job correctly, follow my Standards of Practice, and was negligent, they would have contacted me as well. His Realtor told me the main problem was that the seller did not disclose the fact that there was a sink hole near the structure. Again, I am sorry for the misfortune this home buyer had but I was not at fault. I hope he was able to resolve this to his satisfaction.