Complaint Review: Rec Warehouse

• Reported By: Anonymous — Port Orange Florida United States of America
Rec Warehouse
3350 S Ridgewood Ave Internet, Florida United States of America

Rec Warehouse Trying to charge money when under warrenty! Internet, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: x employee of rec

I purchased a Hot Tub from Rec Warehouse back in 2008 with a 5-year warranty in Port Orange Florida. Well, they went out of business. The next store that is close to us is in Ormond Beach. Guess what! They closed! So, the nearest one is in Altamonte Springs and the only thing they could say was contact the manufacture or a store that is in Ocala Florida. I called that store and they said they would charge me $4.00 a mile. Ok, think about that $4.00 a mile from Ocala to Port Orange thats $326.28 one way! I spent $6, 442.19 on this hot tub and with the warranty still in tack something should be done! This is absolutely insane. I emailed the manufacture back on Saeptember 21, 2011 and explained the situation and still have not heard back from them. Which is Caldera Spas. I do not see why when I paid this much money to have a hot tub and to purchase a warrenty nobody is willing to tell me where to go from here!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2011 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rec-Warehouse/Internet-Florida-/Rec-Warehouse-Trying-to-charge-money-when-under-warrenty-Internet-Florida-801270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rec Warehouse

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

x employee of rec

AUTHOR: christycosmo - (United States of America)

I worked for rec for almost nine years, and seeing that the company had to close down almost all of their stores I lost my job.. I think you should be very happy that you bought that spa, seeing that the spa you bought is a caldera spa and they are still around and you can get parts. There are alot of people who spent more money for a leisure bay hot tub and that company is no longer around. Meaning that they have no warranty at all...  rec warehouse was a great company to work for and treated customers very well, we always went over and beyond but sometimes people wanted something for nothing and those kind of people you cant make happy.. (not say this is you) but you cant say because of them you had to pay that money. Its caldera who is making you pay that money.. I hope you got your tub fixed.. Christy Drew