Complaint Review: Rec Warehouse

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2007

• Reported By:surry Virginia
Rec Warehouse
11969 Jefferson Ave Newport News, Virginia U.S.A.

Rec Warehouse They took my money, when the item did not come in told me it was backordered, after 5 weeks are still making excuses, never call, I have to call them Newport News Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: I UNDERSTAND AS AN EMPLOYEE.....

My wife and I bought a pool table package (bar, pool table, chairs, etc.... -$7000 package). The sales person was very helpful during the sale. That was on Wed., Sep 26, 2007 . They delivered about 7 or 8 days later. When they got to my house a round table had a busted base. No problem, I will stop by the store and pick up another one and put the table together myself. When I went to pick up the base no one knew what I was talking about.

When they did figure it out they got me the new base but it was obvious I was bothering them. The bar was to be in the next Friday(oct 12) and I was to pick it up. The sales person never called as he said he would on that Friday to let me know for sure it was there. I called him on Monday. He did not apologize for not calling just told me it would be the next Friday and he would call me on that Friday and let me know it came in.

Friday (oct 19) came and no call. I called again on Monday and was told it was in the warehouse but there was no room on the truck as items that customers who had bought before me had filled the truck and mine would be here next Friday. Again no apology and the salesman was very short. Friday (oct 26) came and went again. I stopped by the store on Monday and talked to the sales person. I told him customer service should be better and he agreed but never apologized and only made excuses.

I asked how much refund I could get if I just did not get the bar. He checked with his manager and told me $1100. I understand I did buy it in a package deal but the bar is over $4000 if you buy it alone so I paid at least $2000 or more for it in the package. I said no and he offered me the display at a $100 refund. I said no again. He said my new bar would be in on Friday (nov 2) and he would call me and let me know what time I could pick it up. Guess what - no call. I call the store on Nov 3 (Saturday) and ask to speak to a manager.

I no longer wanted to deal with the sales person who had lied to me several times by now. The lady I spoke with told me he was with a customer and would call me shortly. She took my number and I took her name. Guess what - no call. It is now Nov 4, 2007, 6 weeks from when we bought our package and we have never received one phone call from Rec Warehouse! It is like they took the money and now could care less. After reading other complaints about Rec Warehouse overall (not just the Newport News Store) I would never advise anyone to shop there.

Keith
surry, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2007 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rec-Warehouse/Newport-News-Virginia-23606/Rec-Warehouse-They-took-my-money-when-the-item-did-not-come-in-told-me-it-was-backordered-282830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rec Warehouse

I UNDERSTAND AS AN EMPLOYEE.....

AUTHOR: How's It Feel Now - (U.S.A.)

The biggest problem with our company is customer service and the treatment of our employees. It sometimes takes 3-5 weeks to have regular spa service. That is largely due to bad follow up, bad customer service and our "sell it and forget it" attitude. Our service guys care as much as we do. We just want you out of our hair. Alot of our attitude is attributed to the way we are treated. We get paid 2.15 an hour and work 50-60 hours a week. If we sell enough, we dont go into the draw. Unfortunately, due to our "customer dis-service" it has been slow for us for the past year and a half. We fired two executives plus numerous people from our manufacturing and many managers due to company downsizing. However, the owner has enough money to have a 92 foot yacht, a brand new 10 million + facility in Lake Mary. Oh, and did I mention he bought an indoor football team during this time too! How about a Gus, who worked for the company for over 10 years, trains the owners daughter how to do his position, and then he gets fired and she takes over. This is someone who could not last as a salesperson or a manger at a store level, however she is now head of audtiting for us. Our whole sales is a joke too. We show huge prices and say that now is the best time to buy. However all of are prices are the same every weekend except one or two a year where we knock of a couple hundred more. We tell you everything is additional.....delivery, setup, cover, install, play kit, everything. Now, depending on weather we think you have money or not depends on how much we give back if any. Ive sold a spa to someone for 4500 and then 5800 to someone a little later on in the day.......THE SAME SPA!