Complaint Review: Rec Warehouse

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2007

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Rec Warehouse
7504 West Broad Street Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Rec Warehouse Defective Hot Tub & Won't Stand Behind Their Product & Ignore Your Request Richmond Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: I Understand.....

My fiancee and I bought a hot tub from Rec Warehouse in December 2006. Over the summer of 2007 we noticed that there were cracks in our liner. There were 2 located near the jet valves on the top of the hot tub and one huge crack in the seat that was leaking.

I went to the Rec Warehouse store where I setup to have a technician come out to look at my hot tub to have it fixed. I was told I would get a call to set that up the next day. Also I was informed that if I had to get a replacement I was responsible for having it picked up and having the new one delivered at my cost. I was told that they do not cover the delivery & pick up cost because it effects their overhead. Funny thing is is the hot tub was delivered for free because we were in a certain area. Well a week passes and no one calls so I call back. They finally set up the technician.

The technician has to come out and look at the cracks and takes pictures to send into the manufacturer because he can not fix it. About 2 weeks go by and I have to call to follow up, because I have not heard anything from them. Then finally I hear that they need new pictures, because they don't like the angle that their techinican took the picture at.

So the technician comes back out to my house and takes more pictures. The manufacturer at this time is trying to say that it is our fault and our deck that the hot tub is on is not level. I sent pictures showing the hot tub was level as well as the extra supports under the deck that we put in. They still don't like the pictures and the technicain comes back out again to use his level, because the pictures I sent were not good enough for them. Well by this time I am fuming because I have had to go to the store and call and email numerous times and not to mention to contact the store managers boss in Virginia Beach.

Bottom line is they did not want to fix our hot tub that we had had less than 10 months under warranty. They finally agreed to cover the cost after I had to threaten to expose their ways to future customers. They picked up my hot tub a month ago and the store manager will not answer my emails or give me a date as to when my hot tub will be replaced and returned to me.

I do not recommend anyone doing business with this company. They are very unprofessional and they totally show no respect for their customers. Once you buy something from them and they have your money, you will be ignored and disrespected too. I strongly urge people to go elsewhere when looking to purchase a pool or hot tub, because these people provide very poor customer service if any at all.

Michele
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2007 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rec-Warehouse/Richmond-Virginia-23236/Rec-Warehouse-Defective-Hot-Tub-Wont-Stand-Behind-Their-Product-Ignore-Your-Request-R-285129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rec Warehouse

I Understand.....

AUTHOR: How's It Feel Now - (U.S.A.)

The biggest problem with our company is customer service and the treatment of our employees. It sometimes takes 3-5 weeks to have regular spa service. That is largely due to bad follow up, bad customer service and our "sell it and forget it" attitude. Our service guys care as much as we do. We just want you out of our hair. Alot of our attitude is attributed to the way we are treated. We get paid 2.15 an hour and work 50-60 hours a week. If we sell enough, we dont go into the draw. Unfortunately, due to our "customer dis-service" it has been slow for us for the past year and a half. We fired two executives plus numerous people from our manufacturing and many managers due to company downsizing. However, the owner has enough money to have a 92 foot yacht, a brand new 10 million + facility in Lake Mary. Oh, and did I mention he bought an indoor football team during this time too! How about a Gus, who worked for the company for over 10 years, trains the owners daughter how to do his position, and then he gets fired and she takes over. This is someone who could not last as a salesperson or a manger at a store level, however she is now head of audtiting for us. Our whole sales is a joke too. We show huge prices and say that now is the best time to buy. However all of are prices are the same every weekend except one or two a year where we knock of a couple hundred more. We tell you everything is additional.....delivery, setup, cover, install, play kit, everything. Now, depending on weather we think you have money or not depends on how much we give back if any. Ive sold a spa to someone for 4500 and then 5800 to someone a little later on in the day.......THE SAME SPA!