Complaint Review: Receivables Performance Management "RPM"

• Submitted: Wed, November 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 31, 2010

• Reported By: Lou — Centennial Colorado USA
Receivables Performance Management "RPM"
None Available Lynnwood, Washington United States of America

Receivables Performance Management "RPM" RPM Harassment Lynnwood, Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Game Plan

*Consumer Comment: Old Collections

*Author of original report: They are at it again

RPM has been harassing my wife for well over a month with phone calls. My wife is blind and has no knowledge of our finances due to her blindness. Up until a few days ago they refused to talk to me because the alleged bill they are trying to collect is my wife's.

When I try to explain our situation to them they hang up.

According to them, the bill they are trying to collect is over four years old.

With a bill this old, I want to know the item(s) purchased, the date of the purchase, and the location of the purchase. I don't think this is unresonable.

They refuse (or can't) provide this information.

I think they are running a SCAM.

How can I stop the harassing phone calls?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Receivables-Performance-Management-RPM/Lynnwood-Washington-98036/Receivables-Performance-Management-RPM-RPM-Harassment-Lynnwood-Washington-528630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Receivables Performance Management "RPM"

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Game Plan

AUTHOR: Terry - (United States of America)

I can feel for you as I am disabled with a heart condition and the last thing I need is continual harassment from a collection agency so here is what I am doing.

I am seeing my attorney this week and we will demand the following: a cease and desist from harassing phone calls, all communications to be by letter to my attorney, we will make an offer which they can accept or decline and we go from there. I will post the results at a later time including legal fees so you can judge what it would cost for you to do the same.

Because of of the many previous complaints I have seen against RPM, I will suggest that we send copies to our state attorney's office for possible violations of state laws.

Good luck. You are not alone.

Old Collections

AUTHOR: Rob K. - (United States of America)

You will want to check with the state laws where you are at, but here's a piece of advice that might give you a little encouragement;  after a certain amount of time (and I won't even hazard a guess to the exact amount of time) the original company that attempts to recover the debt with either send the case to court or will file the claim for insurance through the gov't and recover the money that way.  After that there ARE some companies that will "purchase" the original debt (usually at pennies on the dollar) and make an attempt to recover the money.  The original company doesn't care because they've already been compensated through the gov't.  The other recovery company (in your case, RPM ( Receivables Performance Management ) will pressure you to death.  Here's the trick, CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORT.  If you don't see the recovery company on there, then (and this is ONLY MY OPINION) I would tell them to pack sand and stop calling.  For debts that are 10 or 15 years old just let them try to take you to court to force you to pay it.  They are more than likely just blowing hot air because they know there is no way they can prove anything that far back and there isn't a judge that will side with them anyway.  So now they are out the attorney's fees as well.  Again, the kicker here is watching your credit report.  Legally, only one company can file an action against your credit report for the same account.  Call an attorney for any legal advice though before persuing any course of action since I'm only a consumer.

They are at it again

AUTHOR: Lou - (USA)

Yes, they are at it again. My wife received another harassing phone call this past Thursday.

This time they told her no one knows what was purchased five years ago, the date of the purchase, or the location of the purchase.

Some one please tell me I am correct in not paying the amount they are requesting.

Lou