rank

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 04, 2009

• Reported By:snow hill North Carolina
Receivables Performance Management
10413 Beardslee Blvd. Bothell, Washington U.S.A.

Receivables Performance Management went into my checking account without being authorized to do so and caused alot of problems Bothell Washington

*Consumer Comment: NEVER EVER GIVE A COLLECTION AGENCY CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFO

*Consumer Comment: Refunds of Unauthorized Transactions

*Consumer Comment: Debiting your account without authorization is NOT legal

I normally take care of my banking online. But recently a couple of heart attacks have slowed things down a bit. This morning I knew that I needed to check on my account and did so. I found where money had been deducted from my checking account through my wifes debit card by RPM without her consent, which in turn caused an insufficient funds fee. I called the 800 number on my statement for Rpm and found it to be a collection agency. I explained that the money was taken out of my account without proper authorization and it had been withdrawn through my wifes card. This rep insisted that I give her my social security number. I refused and she got nasty and hung up on me. I have filed a fraugelent claim through my bank. I need to know is this legal, if so somebody please explain how they can do this without our consent to do so. Lately we have had a hard enough time with the stress of the health problems. Surely if they can do this , then anybody can just take what they want. Thanx.

Rickyt
snow hill, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Receivables-Performance-Management/Bothell-Washington/Receivables-Performance-Management-went-into-my-checking-account-without-being-authorized-418311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Receivables Performance Management

NEVER EVER GIVE A COLLECTION AGENCY CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFO

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED - THEY LIE TO YOU

www.budhibbs.com - a consumer advocate website that reports bottomfeeders like RPM. go there and learn the CORRECT WAY TO HANDLE THESE ISSUES

never ever try to negotiate - they cannot be trusted

Refunds of Unauthorized Transactions

AUTHOR: Monkeyman - (U.S.A.)

RPM will refund an overage or unauthorized transaction report, all you have to do is contact thier Escalations department, I wish I had the phone number for you but if you call 877-233-8527 they can give it to you. All payments are on recording, with amts and dates.

Debiting your account without authorization is NOT legal

AUTHOR: Jc - (U.S.A.)

RPM cannot legally debit a checking account without actual approval. As long as you fill out whatever paperwork your bank has given you (if they have) properly, the charges should be reversed. To prevent further issues, you really need to ask the bank to give you a new debit card number, that you will NEVER give to RPM.

Everyone: By the time you're reading the posts here about RPM, it may be too late to avoid all problems if you've given them a telecheck or debit card connected to your checking account. The access will be abused by them. Do NOT give them this access. If you're going to make payments, write a hard copy check that gets mailed, or pay by a credit card. But then check the charges afterwards. The one payment I'd made by a credit card? They charged more than was agreed.