Complaint Review: Recievables Management Group

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: Katie — Fremont Nebraska
Recievables Management Group
14675 MARTIN DR Eden Prairie, Minnesota USA

Recievables Management Group RMG Dinging credit report for really old debt that isn't mine Eden Prairie Minnesota

*Author of original report: Retaliation from company

I got a notification from a credit monitoring agency that I had 2 new derogatory hits on my credit report.  I had 2 hits for $20 from Recievables Management group.  After lots of digging, I was able to find their number to find out what these were from, as I had never received anything from them stating I owed a debt to anyone.  They told me I had 2 orders from Scholastic in 2008.  I asked them to prove that I owed them anything, as this is not my debt.  He told me that it was probably an order I made through my child's school.  I told him in 2008, my child was 1 year old, not in a school, and I was going through a divorce.  I guaranteed him I did not order anything as I was having enough trouble feeding my son and myself on just my wages.  He told me he didn't believe me, the debts were mine, and unless I paid him then on the phone, they would remain on my credit report, proof or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recievables-Management-Group/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota/Recievables-Management-Group-RMG-Dinging-credit-report-for-really-old-debt-that-isnt-min-1121074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recievables Management Group

Retaliation from company

AUTHOR: Katie - ()

I got notification today that there were 2 new derogatories against my credit report.  Logged in, and they were from RMG again, but in the amount of $41 each this time.  Called the company again and spoke with Robert again.  He told me that this time it is from the same 2 supposed accounts I spoke with him about last time, but now they had to add on collection fees, because they left them off the last 2.  I asked him where the proof was for me supposedly having ordered and/or received these books in 2008, and he told me it could take up to 45 days to get from the client.  I asked him how he could even put these on my credit report if he had no proof they were my debts, and he told me he doesn't need proof to put anything on any credit reports.