Complaint Review: Recommended Locksmith

Recommended Locksmith
Kensington, Maryland United States of America

Recommended Locksmith Exorbitant Fees for 1 minute work. Kensington, Maryland

*Author of original report: 24/7 Locksmith in Orlando 888-883-8088

I called Recommended Locksmith from a neighbor's house because I was locked out accidentally.  Two young guys from Sanford, Fl. showed up in an unmarked car and charged me 137$ to get into a back door that took them 1 minute or less with my neighbor and I standing there to pick or unlock.  I was told the charge would be 29$ depending on the lock and mine was simple.  They took six minutes to write a generic

receipt and I am nervous because they used my debit card.  I am going to contact the Fl. States Attorney because I payed but it wasn't right and I think I was ripped off for the 1 minute service.  I was told that they contract out locksmith's from a call center and really don't have any background on them either.

I am going to change the locks as they only took one second to pick.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2012 04:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recommended-Locksmith/Kensington-Maryland-/Recommended-Locksmith-Exorbitant-Fees-for-1-minute-work-Kensington-Maryland-973021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recommended Locksmith

24/7 Locksmith in Orlando 888-883-8088

AUTHOR: disappointed - (United States of America)

Hi,

The locksmith call center that quoted me 14$ to come out and 29$ to open the lock depending on how easy it was,(1 minute total to open door if not 5 seconds video taped with an I-Phone) was called supposedly 24/7.  I got the number above from my bank.  The woman on the phone mumbled that the companies name was 24/7 Locksmith.  I will definitely do alot of investigating to save other women in Orlando, Fla. the 137$ for a 1 minute door open.