Complaint Review: Records Area/government-records.com

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2007

• Reported By:Liverpool Other
Records Area/government-records.com
None! Internet U.S.A.

Records Area/government-recordsrecords Area/government-records.com RIP OFF - I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Internet Internet

I have just ordered a membership with this company online, costing me 35 USD, the equivalent of around 19 GBP which I can usually ill afford but thought it might be worth it. Excitedly I began searching UK Geneaology as I am interested in looking up my family tree but there were no results coming up. I did the same as other people who have written about his company - along with my own name I searched more common uk names like White and nothing came up - '0 Results Found' While I was paying they also failed to mention 5.24 USD tax on top of the 1 year 29.95 USD payment but you don;t see that until you have cmpleted your credit card transaction. That in itself is bad trading.

Within twenty minutes of paying and searching I quickly realised that I had wasted my money but initally put it down to the fact that I am in the UK and the list of searches one can do is limited compared to the US. So I began to look for contact details of the company to request a refund on the basis that I am not finding membership useful for my needs. I was confident of receiving a refund as I realised their product was not right for me within minutes of ordering and receiving it.

Well - no contact details could be found on the website! I googled them and this site came up!! Now I am angry and I want a refund. Is there any chance we could all get on to them pronto? I have received absolutely zero for my money. Their 'support' you will find is a few lines of information relating to a tiny list of queries that do not include refund requests.

In short this operation is dodgy and I would appreciate if someone from RipOff Report could instigate an investigation right now. Goodness only knows what they are doing with our information now. Please - I want my money back, I could barely afford it to begin with but thought I would treat myself. I feel sick.

Solveig28
Liverpool
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Records-Areagovernment-recordscom/internet/Records-Areagovernment-recordsrecords-Areagovernment-recordscom-RIP-OFF-I-WANT-MY-MON-292237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Records Area/government-records.com