Complaint Review: Recovery-Disks.com, Inc

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, July 18, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — Portland Indiana U.S.A.
Recovery-Disks.com, Inc
6715 NE 63rd. St., Suite 507 Vancouver, Washington United States of America

Recovery-Disks.com, Inc Claim that they sell Recovery Disks when it is only a Windows installation disc. Vancouver, Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Terms and Conditions stated--

They advertise they sell Recovery Disks will...restore your PC back to factory settings By definition, a recovery disc is a disc (CD or DVD) used to restore a computer back to its original state. That would include the OS, drivers, OEM software, and a built-in COA for that specific model of computer.
If you use a DELL installation disc on the DELL computer that it came with, you will not need to type in the COA or have to activate Windows. This is the same on many of the top computer manufactures.
I was needing a OEM Recovery Disk for my computer because the COA on the back of the laptop was too faint to make out all the characters. With the original OEM Recovery Disk I would not have to worry about the COA nor the activation.
What I received was a copy of a Windows and system driver installation discs. The letter that I received with the discs states
There are no refunds or exchanges on your order under any circumstances.
There is also a note expressing that if you do call to please call ONCE and leave only ONE voicemail. Multiple calls and voicemails will not be answered or returned. This must be a BIG problem if they have to state it on the top of their letter. I did a live chat with a sales team member and told them about my concern. His very first response was that in their FAQ it states that a COA will be needed for installation and that I agreed to this when making the purchase. Wow, he must deal with this issue often if he has the FAQ and agreement terms memorized.
My complaint,
1) Their website is misleading and they know it is that is why they are ready and well versed on what to say when a customer complains.
2) I called and left my one (allotted) message but never received a call back.
3) The sales team member wouldnt respond to my questions after telling me that, We expect all customers to read the descriptions and FAQ before ordering. Is it right to make your customers read all the descriptions and FAQ in order to find out what their website says is not what you are really going to receive on your order?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recovery-Diskscom-Inc/Vancouver-Washington-98661/Recovery-Diskscom-Inc-Claim-that-they-sell-Recovery-Disks-when-it-is-only-a-Windows-ins-754610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recovery-Disks.com, Inc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Terms and Conditions stated--

AUTHOR: Recovery-Disks.com - ()

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience by using our product. At this time our terms and conditions and policies are in effect to protect both the consumer and us as a technology company.

Because we're a small company it is simply not possible for us to answer the multitude of technical calls we receive from our clients. We provide all of the information on the website and expect our customers to due their due diligence to read it and agree to it before processing their order. In short, some of our most important terms and conditions, that you agreed to when placing your order:

All customers must have a product key with their machine. Sometimes you will need it and sometimes you will not. The various manufacturers sometimes STILL require this key to be entered.

All sales are final. With the purchase of a technical product like this the customer is required to have a basic understanding of recovery media and how it works. Our policy is strict because some of the customers we get are in a similar situation like yours and they're unable to properly install the product.

As you state in your complaint, our recovery media WILL recover your computer back to factory settings. You may or may not need to enter in a product key.

Our disc is the OEM Recovery disc from Dell, for your computer. If you were asked for a license key, its because you need to enter one to activate your product. It varies from machine to machine.

Some of our main responses to your complaint:

- We do not mislead our customers as we have over 50,000 satisfied customers to date. Our discs work as stated to reinstall the Operating System and the Drivers and Utilities for a customers computer.

- Because of the technical nature of our product, its important for our customers to read our FAQ before placing an order. This will prevent any misunderstandings such as the one you're describing. Simply put, you ordered the disc, where the terms state you might need a product key for the proper activation of the software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will be unable to offer a refund at this time. Thank you for your business, and in the future, please be sure to review our terms and conditions before placing your order.