- Report: #754610
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Recovery-Disks.com, Inc
Recovery-Disks.com, Inc6715 NE 63rd. St., Suite 507 Vancouver, Washington United States of America
Recovery-Disks.com, Inc Claim that they sell Recovery Disks when it is only a Windows installation disc. Vancouver, Washington
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Terms and Conditions stated--
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
If you use a DELL installation disc on the DELL computer that it came with, you will not need to type in the COA or have to activate Windows. This is the same on many of the top computer manufactures.
I was needing a OEM Recovery Disk for my computer because the COA on the back of the laptop was too faint to make out all the characters. With the original OEM Recovery Disk I would not have to worry about the COA nor the activation.
What I received was a copy of a Windows and system driver installation discs. The letter that I received with the discs states
There are no refunds or exchanges on your order under any circumstances.
There is also a note expressing that if you do call to please call ONCE and leave only ONE voicemail. Multiple calls and voicemails will not be answered or returned. This must be a BIG problem if they have to state it on the top of their letter. I did a live chat with a sales team member and told them about my concern. His very first response was that in their FAQ it states that a COA will be needed for installation and that I agreed to this when making the purchase. Wow, he must deal with this issue often if he has the FAQ and agreement terms memorized.
1) Their website is misleading and they know it is that is why they are ready and well versed on what to say when a customer complains.
2) I called and left my one (allotted) message but never received a call back.
3) The sales team member wouldnt respond to my questions after telling me that, We expect all customers to read the descriptions and FAQ before ordering. Is it right to make your customers read all the descriptions and FAQ in order to find out what their website says is not what you are really going to receive on your order?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recovery-Diskscom-Inc/Vancouver-Washington-98661/Recovery-Diskscom-Inc-Claim-that-they-sell-Recovery-Disks-when-it-is-only-a-Windows-ins-754610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.