Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse Oscar Arroyo

• Submitted: Fri, July 27, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, March 29, 2002

• Reported By:Miami FL
Recreational Factory Warehouse Oscar Arroyo
3411 NW 72nd Avenue Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Oscar Arroyo Recreational Factory Warehouse nasty business to rip off consumers

About 45 days ago the water heater for my spa broke. After my electrician came by to see what happened with my spa, he told me that the element was bad and had to be replaced.

On 5/11/2001, I went to Recreational Factory Warehouse of Miami on 3411 NW 72nd Avenue and bought a new element. My electrician came back on May 16th and installed it. Everything was working fine till a week ago when the system shut off. I figure the breaker when off. To make a long story short, I had to call my electrician again. When he came out earlier today he told me that the element was in short circuit. He added that the new element most likely it was defective from factory. He tells me, "I'll be in the area today, if you get a new element call me. I'll stop by on the way home and install it for you."

I decided to go back to Recreational Factory Warehouse to exchange the element. When I arrive one of the representatives start helping me. He is trying to explain that their return policy is only for 30 days. Which is fine but this is not a return this is an exchange of a product you sold me and it broke. The representative looks a little bit confused and calls the store manager (Oscar Arroyo). He come over and explains the policy again and tells me that as a favor he would leave give me the new element at cost ($30.00). I told him I wouldn't accept that offer and I repeat myself once more and told him exactly what the problem is with the element. He replies, "There is no way for me to prove that." "Prove what?" was my questions. If you want proof put this element in any of your spas on the showroom and get in, you'll get a nice jolt of electricity maybe even die. He then adds, "but he (my electrician) is not one of our techs. He doesn't now what he is talking about. One of the other sales person jumps it to our conversation and say That can be caused anything its not the element it looks fine. Mr. Arroyo adds the only thing I can do is give you another one at cost. At that point I noticed he was not reasoning so I told him let me have the new one please. While all this is happening there is another customer complaining that the pool Recreational Factory Warehouse built for him had a crack and a tree was growing from it. My reply to the gentleman in front of Mr. Arroyo was "I think they are in business to rip off people" Then Mr. Arroyo tells me, "Just for that you are paying the full price." My reply to Mr. Arroyo was, "Just for that you can shove it up your _ _ _! and walked out of the business.

This is not a place to purchase any supplies you need or any large price items because if something happened to it after the first 30 days even if it is a factory defect your stuck with it. And the worst part is that I could have been electrocuted and possibly died because of the sale of a defective product I got at Recreational Factory Warehouse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-Oscar-Arroyo/Miami-Florida-33122/Oscar-Arroyo-Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-nasty-business-to-rip-off-consumers-5934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse Oscar Arroyo