Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, January 12, 2010

• Reported By:double springs Alabama
Recreational Factory Warehouse
1870 SouthPark Drive Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse ripoff factory defect labor not included Birmingham Alabama

*Consumer Suggestion: Manufacturer's Defect

I purchased a pool some time ago, but last summer I noticed a rust spot on the side of my pool when I questioned a Manager at RFW (Regan) he sent someone out to examine the pool. The company agreed it was indeed a factory defect and was willing to give me a new wall and a new liner ( due to shrinkage when the pool will be drained ) but the new installiation will be at my expense.

After calling my insurance company to see if I could file under home owners insurance my carrier laughted and said it would be like giving then free insurance and asked me to call them back. Although I did not speak with Regan this time I was told the same by Johnny Mitchell. Being frustrated I called a few other pool places in my area and both places said if it was them they would replace it and install it for free. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Karen
double springs, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2004 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Birmingham-Alabama/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-ripoff-factory-defect-labor-not-included-Birmingham-Alabama-91047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Manufacturer's Defect

AUTHOR: pool guy - (United States of America)

Hi Karen,

I am sorry to read about your problem. I am in this industry, and I can attest that a pool dealer is generally not responsible for this sort of defect. However, they should work on your behalf to get the manufacturer to reimburse them for the labor costs. If the manufacturer builds a faulty pool, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to fix any problems. But your dealer should know this and should go to the manufacturer or sales representative and ask for help. Usually the manufacturer is willing to help, because it's relationship with the dealer is very important. I recommend encouraging your dealer to request that his supplier cover ALL replacement costs. I hope this helps.