Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2007

• Reported By:lehigh acres Florida
Recreational Factory Warehouse
2355 Colonial Blvd Fort Myers, Florida U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse BAIT AND SWITCH-ORDERED NEW SPA WAS DELIVERED FLOOR MODEL Fort Myers Florida

I put a deposit on a new Leisure Bay Spa. The understanding was it would be delivered when I closed on my house. I received a call that my spa was on the truck and I needed to get the electrician out to get the wiring done. I did it right away. Waited for the spa. I was put off by the salesman(Rich McElheran) numerous times. He had all kinds of excuses on why my spa didn't come in. I went to the store to fill out the financial paperwork. While there I walked down to look at the floor models again. Two weeks later I was told the spa was on the truck and would be delivered on Saturday. This time I was told that the factory ran out of the colored resin to make our spa. I was given the choice of three others. I chose one. I received a phone call at work, and was told by my friend that the spa they delivered didn't look right. I left work early and went home to see that the spa they left at my house was one of the ones I had seen on the floor two weeks earlier. They left no paperwork, no stairs and a damaged cover. I put the cover in my truck and went to the store. I walked back to the floor area of the store and lo and behold the other two I was offered were also on the floor. I then asked Rich to show me the bill of lading from the the delivery of my new spa. He couldn't produce it. I then asked to speak to the manager. He wasn't available. I informed Rich that I expected to hear from the manager by 11am on Monday or I would make 3 phone calls. The police, BBB and the local media. The manager called me at 10:55. The manager then proceeded to put all the blame on the salesman. I informed the manager that I had put a stop payment on the payment from the credit company. It took over 2 weeks more to get the proper spa delivered. The credit company called me twice in the mean time to see if the spa had been delivered yet. They had tried to put the charges through without delivering it. I wish I had read the reports on Rip Off before I went to this store. I would have never done business with them. I am also making sure that all the people I meet don't go there either.

Pat
lehigh acres, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2007 02:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Fort-Myers-Florida-33907/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-ORDERED-NEW-SPA-WAS-DELIVERED-FLOOR-MODEL-F-241492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse