Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse

• Submitted: Tue, April 06, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 10, 2004

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Recreational Factory Warehouse
13507 Nebraska Ave N Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse Ripoff: Did not want to honor warranty for rusting pool after only 2 years Tampa Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Pool Warranty Policy, Patricia, please contact me and I will make sure that you are properly taken care of

After only 2 years of use, the liner of the 24' round pool that I purchased from Rec Warehouse was starting to turn brown. When I removed the liner I noticed that the walls of the pool were completely rusted. Some parts were so bad that with very little effort I could put my hand through the wall.

I called Rec Warehouse regarding the warrantee and was told that I needed to take pictures of the damage and bring them in. They also told me that the warranty covers the pool when its new but since I had used it for 2 years I could only buy another set of walls for a reduced price of $400 or $500 dollars, depending on what the manager decided. Installation and a new Liner would also be additional and at full price. Everyone I spoke to gave me the same answer.

So basically the pool would have to start rusting in their showroom or their parking lot, before you get it home, in order for them to fully warrantee their product. The pool had originally cost me $2,200.00 and I vowed not to let them get one more dime from me.

Finally, I threw the pool away rather than give them the satisfaction of making another sale. Consumers beware, and go some place else to buy your pool!!

Patricia
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2004 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Tampa-Florida/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-Ripoff-Did-not-want-to-honor-warranty-for-rusting-pool-aft-86801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dustin - (U.S.A.)

My name is Dustin Alderman and I am the sales manager for the Tampa REC Whse. This message is for Patricia who made the complaint and any future customer of REC Whse. I have a hard time believing the story of the two year old rusted pool. No matter what pool you purchase at our store, even the$500 one, the warranty does not start to prorate until after the third year is over, which would mean the fourth year. If Patricia was told that she would have to pay a proration of $500 then the pool was at least five years old. On the other hand, Patricia, if that is not the case then please contact me and I will make sure that you are properly taken care of. I have worked for this company for four years now and I can honestly say that we go above and beyond what is necessary to take care of our customers, and that is the way we will continue to do business.