Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse

• Submitted: Fri, July 05, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, August 30, 2003

• Reported By:va beach va
Recreational Factory Warehouse
Rosemont Road Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse ripoff fraud business Virginia Beach Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We offered a 60 day warranty on the labor

*UPDATE Employee: Installation issues resolved

I purchised a pool table from these people in Febuary of 2000. It was delivered in the back of a pick-up truck in the rain with no cover over it. They asked me where I wanted it and they proceded to put it together. The felt on the rails was soaking wet and the comment they made was "It'll dry". They later tryied to level the table and could not do so and said that they did not have the equipment to level it so they commenced to look through my grauge and find things and said that it was level.

About 15 minutes after they left I placed a level on the table and it was not even close. I then called them back and made them come back out and level it two more times after that and they still could not do it. On the third call I was told that it was my problem and that they would not send anybody else out to make the repairs. The felt on the table has wrinkles in it and they would not fix that either they said that was not part of the warenty on the table. All in all their buisness sucks!!

Mark
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2002 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Virginia-Beach-Virginia/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-ripoff-fraud-business-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-24028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We offered a 60 day warranty on the labor

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

Mark's problem is one that was not brought to the attention of the installation company. I ran the installation company in Virginia Beach from 98-01 which was Clift & Co. We offered a 60 day warranty on the labor itself and extended that warranty if a problem was reocuring. We had a secretary on staff from 9-6 as well as 3 phone lines with voice-mail and a fax machine. All customer records are in a computer data-base as well as on file. So if Mark had a problem why didn't he call. Clift & Co. has been in business for 15 years and hasn't made it this far by neglecting our customers.

Installation issues resolved

AUTHOR: wes - ()

The issues that "Mark" mention are indeed unacceptable and are not to be repeated in the future. I am unclear why, if this happened in 2000, that we are just now hearing about this.

We have addressed this issue and welcome any constructive ideas in this area.

The installation is done by an indepentant company and is not affiliated to Recreational
Warehouse in any way. But we strive to offer the best in quality service and price and welcome anyone to come see and speak to me with any questions or comments.

Mark is invited to come see me and I will make things right, guaranteed!

thank you for the chance to rebut.
Wes Allen, asst. manager R.F.W. Va. Beach.