• Report: #19085

• Submitted: Thu, April 18, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, April 06, 2004

• Reported By:
Recreational Factory Warehouse
2960 Canton Road, Marietta, Ga. marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse inappropriate conduct by employee abused & mistreated marietta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: dear manager, You really need to clean up your act

*UPDATE Employee: Current Store Manager ..extremely sorry for your experience

On April 18, 2002, I called Recreational Factory Warehouse to get a telephone number for the financing agency where we financed our pool system purchased through Recreational Factory Warehouse. I wanted to determine a pay off of the debt. After asking for the number, a male employee put me on hold for a short period of time. He then gave me an 800 number to call the financing agency. I repeated the number to him and he verified that it was the correct number. I called the 800 number and was quite shocked to find that I had been given the number to a SEX LINE!!!!

I called the store again and demanded to speak with the manager. The person that came on the line listened to my complaint, seemed to find it rather funny and told me that I had written the number down wrong and that her employee would not do such a thing. She seemed to find nothing wrong with her employee's conduct and assured me that this was my fault!

While I am not a prude by any means, I find it very distressing that someone representing a company would do this sort of thing to anyone, and even more disturbing that the management level of the company would find this behavior humorous!

NEVER, NEVER, WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE I KNOW THAT JUST MIGHT BE INTERESTED WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS PERVERTED LITTLE FOOL, AND THE FACT THAT THIS COMPANY CONDONES THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOR!!!!!

debra
dallas, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2002 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/marietta-Georgia/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-inappropriate-conduct-by-employee-abused-mistreated-marie-19085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse

dear manager, You really need to clean up your act

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

I am so glad that I read the following letter and the many others in this rip off site. I was going to purchase a spa from the Riverdale location. Thank God I didn't. You really need to clean up your act. I hope others read this before they waster their money with you.

Current Store Manager ..extremely sorry for your experience

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I would like to start and say that I am extremely sorry for your experience. I would hope that this was a terrible mistake. Our company does not and would not condone this type of joke. We would take this very seriously. It was probably a mistake in giving you the number and I assure you that this type of thing will never happen again. Our customers are our future and we now this. We definatly are in this to make a life long friend.