Complaint Review: Recycle for Life

• Updated: Sun, March 10, 2013

• Reported By: Robert M — California United States of America
Recycle for Life
25602 Alicia Parkway #116 Laguna Hills, California United States of America

Recycle for Life usedcartridge.com, Keith Harris Former Toner Scam Artist now Scamming Recycle sector Laguna Hills, California

*Consumer Comment: Recycle for Life (Review)

*General Comment: Not surprised at Keith the Thief

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Toner Scam or Hard working Guy ?

During Q4 2012, a new employee of mine had submitted some used cartridge from my company to Recycle for Life in hopes of getting some salvage value via the recycling process.  Normally, we use another dealer for recycling purposes and this action was not authorized by me.  However, seeing the prices being offered for recyclables on their website, I let it slide and decided to chalk this one up as a rookie mistake.

However, weeks passed and soon months passed and I NEVER received a check despite sending hundreds of cartridge to this company.  Despite weeks of calls to no avail, I finally got a hold of "Keith" who stated most of our cartridge were "un-usable".  Not only did this hack not tell me earlier, he proceed to throw all the cartridges away without notice and did not grant me the ability to request a return.  Even the cartridges that did qualify were NOT sent a check despite "qualifying".  This is something other recyclers would NEVER have done as the universal process dictates the ability to contact the shipper first and foremost.

I did a little bit of digging and it turns out usedcartridge.com/ Recycle for Life is owned by the notorious toner industry con-man Keith Harris (former co-owner of TKH Imaging).  Ask anyone who is anyone in the aftermarket printing industry and they will have a myriad of stories detailing Mr. Harris's scam tactics.

From leaving numerous vendors high and dry with 5 and 6 figure unpaid invoices to selling patent infringing clones to unpaid liens following violations of California employee laws to even a sexual harassment (aka Harrisment) lawsuit.  The stories about this garbage bottom feeder is ample.  As such, it is no surprise to see Mr. Harris continue his scamful ways of not paying and outright stealing like the lying thief that he is.

The Los Angeles area has numerous recycling companies in and of itself.  Please avoid this one at all cost.

To illustrate how much of a scumbag crook Mr. Harris is... even his wife divorced him and took his kids away.  Seems like his kinfolk couldn't even stand near this dirtbag without having to take a shower so they left him also.  Any prospective individuals looking for a recycler should do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recycle-for-Life/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Recycle-for-Life-usedcartridgecom-Keith-Harris-Former-Toner-Scam-Artist-now-Scamming-Rec-1026640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recycle for Life

Recycle for Life (Review)

AUTHOR: Think Machine Tech - ()

This is about Recycle for Life (or usedcartridges.com)  Whichever this guy goes by now.

These guys bugged my business non-stop for 2 weeks with emails and calls if I had any scrap metal or computer parts. I finally scraped together enough parts to make their trip worthwhile (6 computers, 2 cases, a monitor and 2 printers).

The guy came out, was nice enough, looked everything over, seemed to ponder, then said he needed to get something out of his truck. Then he sped away faster than I could chase after him. Leaving me with a pile of recyclables and no place to give them to. What kind of company does this?

I didn't even ask for money for them, I was glad they would haul them away for free. Being a business that makes money on scrap metal, they sure didn't want any of mine!

He even made comments about the computers, noticing that they were older, and asking me if they were Pentium 4's or dual cores, etc. After a few minutes, I knew what he was doing.  He was resizing them up for resale value as a refurbished computer, and not junk!

This guy just wants to buy old computers, MP3's and cell phones not for recycle scrap metal, but to sell on the open market as refurbs for craigslist or to other local shops, maybe even pawn shops.

#2 General Comment

Not surprised at Keith the Thief

AUTHOR: David P - ()

I would like to preface my review by saying that I do NOT advocate dragging family members (mainly kids) into these types of forays.  Personal issues like that should be off limits, IMHO.

Having said that, I agree 100% with the reviewer as I am not surprised one bit by these reviews being made about Keith Harris and his dishonest methods of doing business.

I also had the unfortunate "opportunity" of dealing with Keith a couple of times and it was a clusterf*** each time.  From defective products which he failed to honor for credit (something the reviewer can attest to personally) to selling us non-compliant products which caused us to lose accounts to eventually stiffing us $40,000+ worth of bad debt expense.  It was a nightmare through and through.

Keith has "balls"?  Sorry but dishonest shysters like this who go into business knowing they won't fulfill their financial obligations lack both "balls" and a spine to boot if you ask me.

Lastly, I am all for giving people second chances in life.  But fact remains.... Keith Harris has scammed MANY people in MANY ways throughout the years.  Not only have we seen this in the toner industry, but also previously in the memory card industry which he used to dabble (unsuccessfully) in.  And now, we're seeing the same actions take place in the recycling industry.  Forget 2nd chances... this guy has already botched his 14th or 15th chance by now.

Most people in many Keith Harris tainted industry should already know by now.  Doing business with him is by and large a losing proposition which should be avoided at all cost.  At best, this hack job is extremely terrible with money and finance (a big no-no in business 101).  At worst, he is a flat out crook who is completely consciously aware when he initiates monetary transactions he has no intentions of paying back on.  Either way, this guy shouldn't be working Del Taco cash register much less running a "business".

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Toner Scam or Hard working Guy ?

AUTHOR: Ink Guru - ()

Toner Scam or Hard working Guy ?

First of all I have worked with Kieth Harris @ TKH Imaging and he had a Business Partner. Things happen in life, Business, marriage Leave Keith alone.  Keith and I didn't always agree, but he treated me good while I worked there  He is a risk taker and in your face kind of guy. So what !  he has more balls then anyone I have ever known. He is not a quitter and has earned good money before and I am sure he will again. Just because you get sued doesn't mean your a bad person or guilty. Every story has 2 sides.  As a former small Business owner myself, Sometimes employees want hand outs or feel they deserve more than they are worth.

The person who posted sounds like they have a grudge against Keith and have intimate knowledge of his personal life supposedly. Could if be his ex employees ? or his former Business partner or Vendor?

Just because a person cant pay their bills and gets Divorced does not mean anything. There are stories to tell about his infamous ex employees and so called Ex-Business partners. Many Business people Today are a wreck mentally and money wise. Did you get Ripped off or out to get Keith Harris?  You went from being mad not being able to Recycle to bashing Keith............

Everyone is life deserves second chances so don't forget that.