Complaint Review: Red Box

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Chris — Orlando Florida United States of America
Red Box
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC One Tower Lane Oakbro orlando, Florida United States of America

Red Box RedBox, Red Box Inc,RedBoxInc Bad Business Practices and Cheating Customers!!! orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: speaking of screwups ashlee

*Consumer Comment: Wait

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

SubjectBilling Question  Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Logan)12/11/2012 04:39 PMHi Christopher!

Thanks for your email! I am sorry for the trouble. I definitely understand how frustrating this must have been for you. Unfortunately, when a disc has been returned that you paid full price for, we are not able to return this. I do see that you were issued a partial refund for that disc, and at this time, we are not able to issue any more of a refund, as that disc was not rented out by any other customers in that time. As for Assassins Creed, I am seeing that you had that fame out from 11/28/2012 until 12/11/2012. Because those charges are valid, we are not able to return those as well.

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

If you have any more questions, please contact us at 1.866.REDBOX3 (1.866.733.2693).

Thanks!

Redbox Customer Care
1.866.REDBOX3
www.redbox.com Customer By Web Form (Christopher lientz)12/11/2012 01:56 PMHello,

I am writing your company because of a billing issue I am having.I rented a game called Madden 2013 a couple of months ago and forgot I had it checked out and was charged full price. I fully understand your point of view when it comes to keeping it past 30 days and getting charged. I recently received a free game rental from you via text and said why not. I rented a game called Assassin's Creed 3 on 11/28/2012 and returned Madden 2013 by mistake 11/29/2012.This is the game I was charged in full by Redbox and was advised per online chat agent that the game is showing returned and was in circulation. I did call customer service and they were nice to speak with but are limited to their refund/billing authority. In speaking with them I was advised I could receive a 25$ credit to my bank account I did not understand what the chat meant but thinking about it after paying 65$ for the Madden 2013 game and then only being given back 25$ didnt seem right. I then called your customer service again to speak with a manager and was told not only do I lose the game (Because technicans would just say they didnt see it in the machine this is out of a agents mouth) but I also am going to have to buy a replacement case out of my own pocket (Which I understand to protect the cd) and to top it off I am being charged 27 dollars in rental fees for the Assasians Creed 3. I was told per a supervisor that the amount could by cut in half if I wanted. I do not think these are fair or good bussiness practices. I would like to either get a full refund for the Madden 2013 game or get it back. Also in regards to the charges for the current game Assassin's Creed 3 I would like those to be credited back to my account. I do not like to write letters but being that it is Christmas time I do not have the funds or patience to deal with these issues.

Please help me

Christopher  Question Reference #121211-001193

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Red-Box/orlando-Florida-32812/Red-Box-RedBox-Red-Box-IncRedBoxInc-Bad-Business-Practices-and-Cheating-Customers-or-980905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Red Box

speaking of screwups ashlee

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

you are one big ONE

Wait

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

so you screwed up and returned the wrong item to the redbox and are mad because they ripped you off? how is this a rip off at all?

They didn't make you return the wrong game. They aren't responsible for your property, ie: Madden 2013 was your property. If you went to a store and just left your game there, you couldn't expect that store to do anything about it. Same thing here.

Face it, you are the one that screwed up. They met you halfway with a partial refund, I'm not sure what more you expect. It sounds like you want the madden game back and the charged reversed on assassin's creed when it was your fault for not returning it on time.